Trophy on 'Modern Classics' front page 1

Reaction score
All,

Our little trophy has made yet another front page magazine appearance (amongst 9 others) in a brand new magazine called "modern classics", I bought mine earlier from Tesco £2.99

Decent review, it says they're expected to be worth £10k in the future.

the 9 other cars were M5, Boxster S, Alpha 159 GTA, Skyline R34, Jag XK8, Corrado VR6, Saxo VTS, Benz R129 SL500 and the original Focus RS. so some pretty decent cars.

At the end of the article the writers say they "were constantly worried the dampers would wear out" which is bullsh*t really.

Reaction score
Really goes to show that another 5-10 years these Trophies will really come into their own in terms of value with the way other old school/performance retro cars have... ;-)

Reaction score
A good read that thanks for posting! Gutted i have to sell mine. Epic car for the money.

Reaction score
Thanks for the head's up I'll have to pick up a copy tomorrow

Ditto!

The current market value is quite low considering what they are, prices have been stable for at least 5 years, roll on the appreciation :)

Should change my profile name to 1 in 347 !

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'll pick up a copy today. Nice to know I have two from the front cover. The Trophy and a recently bought 156 GTA!

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'll pick up a copy today. Nice to know I have two from the front cover. The Trophy and a recently bought 156 GTA!
Really regret selling my 156 GTA, was one of the best examples of a fantastic car. Trying but can't quite justify anotherr, funds/space won't allow it and know I couldn't find one as good as my old one.

Reaction score
357 on there, may be a typo?

Although it may be less, recently the one that was written off at Castle Combe and the one that was broken, so may be 355?

I'm afraid you are not seeing the whole picture. As well as the 357 'on the road' there are also 70 with SORN against them. If you click on the information it will take you to a more detailed page.

Reaction score
I, and Modern Classics, stand corrected sir :)

Explains where they got 347 from, Q1 2015.

Seems the numbers on that website don't tell the whole picture as there were 347 licenced and 69 sorn in Q1 2015 and by Q2 2015 there were 357 licenced and 70 sorn; 11 more, where did they come from?!

Reaction score
I had noticed that as well. That second quarter always seem to see a hike in taxed over Sorn so I suspect that it is cars being counted as sorn and then taxed. A car can be both sorn and taxed in the same month remember.