Reaction score
Finally got some decent photos of my Swiss Trophy on KW V2 Coilovers...

Attachments

• CIMG3449paint.JPG
    CIMG3449paint.JPG
    928.5 KB · Views: 35
  • CIMG3450paint.JPG
    CIMG3450paint.JPG
    1,017.6 KB · Views: 60
  • CIMG3453paint.JPG
    CIMG3453paint.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 90
  • CIMG3455paint.JPG
    CIMG3455paint.JPG
    849.2 KB · Views: 62
  • CIMG3457paint.JPG
    CIMG3457paint.JPG
    901.5 KB · Views: 65
Reaction score
You don't have any RS stickers on the front bumper :wink:

Missing rear wiper blade too - trying to save weight :D

Reaction score
It's amazing the difference without a v6 spoiler. Are you planning on getting one?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
why did you switch to coilovers?

He bought it with them already fitted. The previous owner used to do alot of track days so fitted coilovers.

Whats that I hear you say...He may as well have bought a 182 Cup !

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
why did you switch to coilovers?

He bought it with them already fitted. The previous owner used to do alot of track days so fitted coilovers.

Whats that I hear you say...He may as well have bought a 182 Cup !
:lol: the previous owner took custom made motorsport dampers off to fit coilovers for track days? [-X #-o :oops:

Reaction score
Indeed, the previous owner used it for hillclimbs and slaloms and the oe suspension set up gave a little too much roll when using slicks so he switched for the KW set up.

I will use it on the track roughly once a week in the summer so I may leave the KW's on there for the moment. Still have most of the oe set up though, so can easily switch back if I choose.

As to why I went for a trophy - it was just luck really, I was looking to install a cage, seats and harnesses to my 182 FF, but realised that trading it in for the trophy would be more cost effective.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Are you going to fit a cage in the Trophy ?

Reaction score
Haha, you're upsetting the purists mate! I can hear them screaming "leave it alone!!!" from the hills in the distance. I do see there point though...the reason why a trophy is a trophy is because of the suspension, take that away and you might as well get a 182 cup for a few thousand less £££s or them euro things that you lot over the water use i think.

Although it does look pretty damn sexy lowered as much as that.

Reaction score
It has a six point bolt in roll cage in it, 4 point harnesses and bucket seats.

The Clio Cups are no cheaper over here so it made financial sense to purchase the Trophy instead, given that it was already prepared accordingly. When I've finished using it on the track, I'll take the cage, suspension and seats out again (all are easily removable) and put it back to original spec.

It does look pretty awesome on the coilies I must admist :D

Reaction score
Hi Luca, yeah I'm already on your register, although you should update the photos now - these new ones are better.

The cage is from Wiechers - they're only about 600 euro, and you can fit it yourself, no welding required, just a few holes to be drilled in the floor. Got it in the FZausweiss as well :)

Next time I'm in the South we'll have to meet up.

Jake

Reaction score
Hi Jake ;)

thankyou, I will update the site and the page of the 50/50 with this new nice pics.

About the cage, I am not stressed, I prefer to wait and if there is an interesting offer about a second hand cage I will evaluate it. It's not a must have the cage now, also I don't want to order, buy, import, a new one, with all the cousts and taxes to import it ;)

ciao
Luca

Reaction score
Excellent videos :D

Thanks for sharing them with us