Reaction score
asim said:
Apparently the same carbon as used on Porsches' race cars, (GT3, Carrera GT, etc).

Yeh, just like the plastic used on our official ones is the same that's used to build our Trophy's. :lol:

Reaction score
Cue said:
so are the carbon ones not happening now?

They are when I get 20 PM's with orders (currently only had 6), I figured most people will have pulled out because they're spookily similar to the official ones, although minus the web address and in carbon with the number on reverse, twice the price too. I received pictures today from the manfacturer and will post them up this evening, they look good.

Reaction score
Well here is the finished article...

They're very shiny so a bit of a pain to take pictures of. From some angles the engraving really stands out, from others you can barely see it.

keyring1.jpg

keyring2.jpg

keyring3.jpg

keyring4.jpg

The only slight disappointment is how the engraving cuts through the weave of the carbon fibre, which leaves some parts of the engraving looking whiter than others. I'm tempted to try rubbing something into the surface of the engraved bits to get a more even finish, but I'm not sure what would do the trick. A white wax crayon would fill the engraving so that it always stands out, but I guess it would fall out over time. Black ink of some description might do the trick by making the engraving a uniform black.

Hmm... maybe I'll just leave them as they are! :p

Reaction score
i need one of those keyring whistle beeper, im always loosing them round the house

Reaction score
Just got the official keyring and very happy with it but hey it's xmas so think I'll treat myself to a carbon fibre one too - if this is still going ahead Steve?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Drew196 said:
Did last week but asked him to hold fire so I could see what the "official" one's were like.

Good, got the official one's on monday but really want these as well.

Reaction score
Guys - I don'y mind paying the 'one-off' price for the CF tags... how much did yours cost CA?

O.

Reaction score
I don't mind paying £20 if I can gaurantee Nik will receive the extra amount as support for running costs of this site (as I feel guilty not buying the official tags).

CA - who should I contact to have one made?

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
I don't mind paying £20 if I can gaurantee Nik will receive the extra amount as support for running costs of this site (as I feel guilty not buying the official tags).

CA - who should I contact to have one made?

O.

ditto....
it would be nice to know only paying members have access to car details etc......

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Don't be a cheapskate buy both they're only £3.90 for the official one's for gods sake. :D

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Don't be a cheapskate buy both they're only £3.90 for the official one's for gods sake. :D

There's more margin in the CF for £20 for Nik so I'm certainly not being cheap!! :)

Reaction score
He's on ebay as userID dougie329, or you can email him direct at mark.hepworth@ntlworld.com.

Interestingly he only has a few keyrings listed on ebay at the moment (he used to have dozens) - wonder if the copyright police have caught up with him? On the other hand he could have been inundated with orders.