Reaction score
Well done bc, those are the ones, I've messaged the guy so hopefully he will get back. If he's selling V6 ones and only 354 (255's) came to the UK, he won't mind making some Trophy ones for 500 UK owners.

The CF appeals to me because a metal one will knock against the cowling all the time, I had my house keys on there for about a day - drove me nuts.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
Well done bc, those are the ones, I've messaged the guy so hopefully he will get back. If he's selling V6 ones and only 354 (255's) came to the UK, he won't mind making some Trophy ones for 500 UK owners.

The CF appeals to me because a metal one will knock against the cowling all the time, I had my house keys on there for about a day - drove me nuts.

No probs Steve, i thought they looked pretty good so reckoned i'd post them on here for all to see.

As you say if he is making V6 ones in limited numbers then there's a good chance he might be interested in making some Trophy ones - an untapped market for him ;) Though just thinking - he could be selling more V6 ones in Europe too, not just the UK.

Would be cool to have the Trophy logo and then the car number below it or on the back but i reckon that might be a bit of a pain in the arse for the guy to do - e.g. individual orders - everyone asking for a specific car number on their keyring and some people asking for one, others asking for more than one - one for each set of keys etc. The price would probably jump up too. I think a nice slender piece of carbon fibre with the Trophy logo would suffice, and it means he can produce a batch in bulk.

And as you say CF has its benefits over a metal one - metal knocking on the cowling would irritate me too. The CF looks the part and you know it'll be nice n light but strong too.

Heres hoping the guy says yes!

Reaction score
Cue said:
wonder who makes them for him - i haven't seen thse in the UK before....

Not too sure Cue - i've got a feeling he might be making them himself - it wouldnt be that hard to do if he is in that line of work. He says all his items are genuine CF so i dont see him buying them cheap from Asia etc. Looking at his other items there are a few custom CF parts for motorbikes and Lotus (and a clio cup keyring).

Maybe we should be thinking about bespoke CF parts for the Trophy ;)

Ditch those silver plastic dash inserts and the steering wheel one and replace them with CF? CF exhaust surrounds on the bumper? Replace all the plastic console around the gearstick and handbrake with CF? Lol - Could save a few grams here n there with all that but its more aesthetic than purposeful, so how about...

...CF door cards like the M3 CSL ;)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
calm down lol.

It'd be mssively expensive to manufacter loads of small sheets of CF - if he makes them he'll cut down from a larger sheet and if he's got any sense they'll be preprinted/engraved as that'll massively reduce cost also.

To do one or two he may have to manufacture loads that's my point. So to make it viable you'll have to find a few orders. If he doesn't mft them then he may just be engraving them in which case limited orders would be possible but more expensive.

Reaction score
Cue said:
calm down lol.

Heh heh, i know - nice thoughts though :) As you say the reality is quite different its very expensive to produce CF parts - especially in small quantities.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
for stuff like this, give me buzz. I get promotional stuff at manufacturers cost not commercial rates like promotions companies.

Reaction score
the cliosport CF ones from that seller look good, ideal for stocking fillers :idea:

Reaction score
Well, he got back to me already, let your interest be known here if you would be interested in one (Just so you know Nik, if you're sorting ones too, I don't think getting these ones made up for a few of us will affect the sales of the 'official' ones, I'll be buying both certainly.

Here's what the guy said;

Hi Steve, yes this is not a problem. I have already made clio v6 and clio sport keyrings in bulk for the chaps on these forums. I offer a discount for multiple purchases so if you can perhaps get an idea of interest I could provide a price. Best regards, Mark

So if you want one, put your name below.

Reaction score
Can you just confirm Steve that we are going for just the Trophy logo in the correct font on one side - nothing else? I think that'll look better than cluttering things up by adding the word 'Clio' in front of it.

Cheers

BC

Reaction score
bc_seventy_six said:
Can you just confirm Steve that we are going for just the Trophy logo in the correct font on one side - nothing else? I think that'll look better than cluttering things up by adding the word 'Clio' in front of it.

Cheers

BC

I'm for that, I was waiting to see what the interest was like before asking about specifics, your find bc! I was considering getting "TROPHY" then underneath "No. /500" so we could engrave the number ourselves, but I think the less is more approach works for me.

Yes, just TROPHY in the correct font. For now.

Reaction score
Cue said:
did he give any indication of cost?

Fucking Hell Cue, just put your name down ya Yorkshireman! :lol:

They'll be about £5.95 including postage and packing, and yes I know you could get them for cheaper but I want one before I sell the car!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£6 !!!!!! i can get them cheaper lol

Aye I'll have one, if not only to test out a possible supplier!