Trophy for sale

Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling my trophy, I don't use it very much and I'm pretty sure it's time for it to go. It has refurbed dampers, new belts and dephaser, just had work done at rentec in Edinburgh and it's running great. I'll put some photos up later, it's not a mint condition car but it's an original trophy with all the right bits. Anyone interested?

Reaction score
What's the mileage and how much are you looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not mint and you want 7k.... I sold my mint condition, needed nothing doing to it, got £4250 120K on the clock

you advertised yours in feb, one of the worst months for selling a normal car, never mind a toy, if youd stuck to your guns and stopped reducing it, you would have got more in march, when you sold it, or april / may, i think.

7k for a 91k car with refurbed dampers and recent belts seems reasonable to me.

Reaction score
On face of it the price seems to be in the right ball park.....and the 100k number is still a big barrier to a lot of potential buyers. To the right buyer a 91k car will last them a long time before rolling over

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mikey.
Nothing against your car, but it if my memory serves me correct, It wasnt fully original,, and it was 100K ++
A lot of folk seem to be after original cars with less than 100K+ miles, nowadays...
Oh the joys of selling cars these days..Its just taken me aprox 5 months to sell my BMW X5. but it has now gone... Oh and there are some REAL muppets out there wanting them for peanuts.

Reaction score
Mikey.
Nothing against your car, but it if my memory serves me correct, It wasnt fully original,, and it was 100K ++
A lot of folk seem to be after original cars with less than 100K+ miles, nowadays...
Oh the joys of selling cars these days..Its just taken me aprox 5 months to sell my BMW X5. but it has now gone... Oh and there are some REAL muppets out there wanting them for peanuts.

Your are correct Dave it was high miles, lowered, cammed, needed headlight soldering from memory. All things that rightly or wrongly put off potential buyers. As cars like this become more sort after, originality is key. I guarantee if you put it all back to standard and sorted the small issues it could have fetched a fair chunk more.

£7k for a lovely condition near 100k miler will soon be the norm.