Reaction score
Within the last 4 months I've sold my much missed Trophy and my partners EP3 Civic Type-R Premier to be replaced by a RenaultSport Megane DCi175 with Cup & Lux packs making it rare as only about 390 were sold in the UK & not all with either packs never mind both. And the Civic with a late model VW Golf R32.

had an opportunity today to take a couple of quick pics with the Hipstamatic app on the iPhone.

null-55.jpg
null-60.jpg
null-62.jpg
null-59.jpg
null-57.jpg
null-56.jpg
null-61.jpg
null-58.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Megane is rarer than a Trophy, but yeah it's not quiet as enthralling to drive but the 52mpg on my 90 mile a day commute compensates. I've read a simple re-map can yield 195-200bhp & 310-320lb ft up from 173 & 267 and an improvement on mpg. Removing DPF at same time gives even more of everything. It steers well with good sized wheel even if feels a but cheap material wise, brakes well, you sit a bit high, but on comfortable seats, has a longish but accurate throw on gear change, overall its a good car.

I have to admit to loving driving the Golf, its just do effortless & sounds amazing. We recently took it on holiday to the Lake District & on to Scotland and it was just brilliant on the motorways, and covered ground very quickly through the country roads. The brakes are brilliant on it, and traction out of corners great. And over the week of mixed driving covering about 900miles, it returned 35mpg which for a 1500kgs 4WD 3.2L 250bhp car was impressive.

I should have dragged the Lancia integrale out of the garage to make a proper spectacle for my neighbours!

Reaction score
I used to have a mk5 R32 before I got my C-Class, I still regret selling it ! One of the best sounding motors you can buy.

I dunno how you managed 35 mpg out of it, I never saw above 25 in mine ha.