Trophy 35K Miles

Reaction score
Apologies if I am mistaken and that is the case. I made my assumption from this advert for #459, posted on May 5th 2016:

A 1 owner 35k 2005 (55) plate Renault Sport Clio 182 limited edition Trophy, in stunning Capsicum Red. For those who know these cars, will remember they came third in Evo magazine’s 2005 car of the year and was rightly hailed a ‘true giant killer’ – so much so that the Evo Editor at the time bought the very one off Renault UK. I'm a true Clio enthusiast having owned 4 Cups, 2 V6's and a Williams The car has covered just 35K miles (Nearly 36),. It has the usual factory specification, which includes Recaro Trendline front seats – which are in fantastic condition with no rips or tears, Sachs front dampers, Speedline Alloys and a Clio V6 255 Roof Spoiler. It even still has the original front splitter fitted from Renault.
The front Sachs dampers haven't been touched as I was advised by BG Motorsport to leave them until they start to leak. I have removed and cleaned them, along with the arches – so it is immaculate underneath the car too. The car does not get driven in the wet and is dry stored in a garage for most of the year. The cambelt and aux belt were replaced in 2013 at 33k stamped in the service book, the car has full main dealer service history . The inside of the car is in great condition. Everything works as it should. It has had a new battery and alternator fitted this year. It has a Yossa full stainless steel exhaust along with the standard one which is in storage and available as an option, it's in great shape and keeps this car nicely original too. The wheels are all in great condition, having just been refurbished. Tyres are all Michelin Pilot PE3 all round . It has a full main dealer service history and had a service last November. Bodywork is in fantastic condition and I can honestly say could be entered for concours . It is regularly detailed and waxed using only Meguiar’s products to keep it in great shape The car is still fitted with dealer plates and tax disc holder with all old tax discs . Both keys are included. Renault tyre canisters and jack kit, locking wheel nut etc. These are only going to appreciate in value and are already showing the signs of being a future modern classic, and this is one of the best on the market currently. Drives fantastic the car is truly immaculate.

The guy said he hadn't driven the car since buying it 18 months ago, so it will still be on 35k miles. He also said the cambelt had been done in 2013 and it had only done 2k miles since, and that the Sachs hadn't been refurbed.

Reaction score
Understood how the comparison was made. Just shows there are cars out there lurking still. The car advertised has actually got 33700 miles on the clock so I'm told 35000 was a conservative guess by the owner when he placed the advert.
Any little helps!

Reaction score
Understood how the comparison was made. Just shows there are cars out there lurking still. The car advertised has actually got 33700 miles on the clock so I'm told 35000 was a conservative guess by the owner when he placed the advert.
Any little helps!

Are you sure you're not the current owner...?

Reaction score
I bet he is [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Wrong twice now, on the car and on your last prediction! Off to view tomorrow, The Lord must be looking down on me as it's still for sale

Reaction score
Good luck I hope you buy it tomorrow.

Reaction score
So he's a Clio collector, doesn't know the number, doesn't know the mileage, if his memory is that bad tell him he advertised it for £4995

Reaction score
He texted me saying the viewer didn't buy it after viewing it today and someone else going tomorrow.

If they don't buy it then he will let me know the number lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It all seems very hush-hush and shrouded in secrecy... are Trophy sales really that 'sensitive' these days?! :tonguewink:

Reaction score
I guess dealers are always acutely aware that specifically numbered cars can have a much more recorded past, especially online. So always a gamble that some back corner of a forum such is this might suddenly throw up somthing that devalues the car.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reaction score
What's the betting he won't post on this thread again.

What a plonker :tearsofjoy:

Reaction score
Sorry David but you just can't beat the forum detectives!

Tried to be undercover...

Joker haha

Reaction score
I got a feeling it could be damaged repaired or something.

I wonder why doesn't the reg come up on mot history? It's not working for me

If there is a private plate on and the car was involved in a accident and went through insurance, by taking the plate off and putting the original one back on, would it still show on the Hpi Report?

Reaction score
Good detective work but if it that is true why would you post on the forum intimating that you were going to buy basically your own car... and not disclosing the reg plate or trophy number is just odd!

Appreciate it is a trophy and they are becoming collector items but not sure they need to shrouded in secrecy!! If anyone does buy it please bring it out to play so we can compare a low mileage Clio to the rest of our 100k plus ones