Reaction score
number: 319 of 500
mot: 03/14
tax: 08/13
mileage: 53k
owners: 4
price: £5,795

-----

i bought this in June 2009 with just under 19k on the clock. i wanted a modern version of the mk1 Golf Gti and i the Trophy was the best car i could find. i was doing quite a bit of commuting between Glasgow and Edinburgh for first couple of years of ownership which pushed the mileage up. (working/staying in Edinburgh then back to Glasgow every weekend to see the GF) i then moved back to Glasgow and been doing a lot less miles as a result. we have family in South West Ireland so it's had a few epic trips down there via belfast ferry. i am just back from a 500 mile trip up to Scottish Highlands with the GF. the roads in the highlands are great and the car was in it's element! (as was i!) it lives up to it's Evo rating and has easily been the best modern car i've driven or owned.

the car hasn't let me down the whole time i have owned it. i've looked after it and made sure things have been kept up to date on parts and servicing front. the car came with some mods and i have only added a couple of other things to enhance it.

-----

the car has all the trophy standard parts. v6 rear spoiler, recaro trendline bucket seats (the best car seats ever!), sachs front dampers, etc. it also comes with the normal clio 182 kit, single cd headunit with steering wheel controls, electric mirrors, rear wash wipe, cruise control, speed limiter, light dip, etc.

the car is also running a full set of michelin pilot exalto 2 tyres with about 5mm-6mm all round. these are the orginal spec tyres and the car drives/handles best on these. there can't be many cars left with a full set!

Mods
stainless braided hoses, eibach/mark fish springs and set up, uprated brake fluid, mark fish suspension set up, privacy window tints, janspeed stainless exhaust, renaultsport front spoiler, avo rear shocks, wiper stalk mod.

Some recent history & parts
full timing belts and aux belts @ 40k - sep 11
avo rear shocks - mar 12
replacment front spoiler, flexible renaultpsort clio race part - mar 12
genuine rear disk, bearings and pads - mar 12
janspeed exhaust and new rubbers all round - nov 12
full service - mar 13
new driveshaft & cv - mar 13
front disk and pads (brembo hc and brembo pads) - mar 13
new tailgate struts - mar 13
2 front bosch wipers- mar 13
2 front dipped beam bulbs - mar 13
new alu footrest - apr 13
new genuine front mats - apr 13
new boot mat - apr 13
carbon thumb grips - apr 13
exhaust surrounds x2 - apr 13

i will include these additional parts if sold at advertised asking price.
- standard 182 trophy springs
- set of OZ f1 15" wheels and pirelli snow control winter tryres. i can split tyres off if you want to take rims and get track tyres fitted instead.
- ferodo ds2500 just about half worn plenty left on them ( i got a deal on disk and pads and decide to change to standard for new owner to decide if they wanted uprated pads)

slight bad bits
- issue with drives side seat mech, ordered part to fix but they were wrong due to parts guy being an arse. will have this sorted before sale
- noticed when cleaning that both rear exhaust surrounds were cracked and not sitting right on bumper. 2x new parts being ordered tomorrow to resolve this issue.
- slight marks on wheels
- usual clio steering wheel melting but thumb grips been replaced with carbon ones to tidy it up
- shocks not refurbed but they are still tight and price reflects this.
- couple of stone chips on bonnet

it's just had a full on cleaning and polishing session at www.paulpeacocke.co.uk in Edinburgh. inc full steam clean in engine bay, under arches, rear exhaust area and floor pan.

this is a great example of a clio trophy and i'll be sorry to see it go but needs must. the clio trophy is turning into a future clasic and they are in decline as more get written off/broken for parts. if i could keep it i would but i already have a mk1 golf race car and need something with a bit more space(for puppy purchase/gf's luggage requirements) and towing capabilities.

* - stating the obvious but test drives will need to be with proof of insurance. if you don't have the documents with you i won't let you drive it. sorry.

** photos to follow**

pol

Reaction score
clio1.jpgclio2.jpgclio3.jpgclio4.jpgclio5.jpg

also meant to say in the above post that car will come with 2 x covers for the recaros.

ordered the exhaust trims surrounds at cost of £27 each. these should be here and fitted on Wednesday.

more photos to come once i pick it up tomorrow from being cleaned at paulpeacocke.

Last edited:
Reaction score
hello

unrelated question im afaird :p

whats the mark fish setup suspension like ? does it effect the ride height? and use the original dampers?

pol

Reaction score
i believe he makes camber changes and fit's eibach springs. they are lower and fit with standard shocks ok.

received the replacement exhaust trims from Renault and fitting them this evening. it looks great after it's deep clean, wish i could keep it but it's got to go to a new home. :( will get some more photos later as well.

i should have said if you are thinking of coming to view the car via a flight/train I'll pick you up at the main station/airport. both are 10min away so no hassle to pick you up.

pol

Reaction score
some updated photos. it's been raining the past couple of days so not managed to get some inside shots. will get them later.

photos of under the bonnet and of the winter wheels/tyres that will come with the car if the right price is met. i can obviously reduce the price of the car if these are not needed.

i can also sell these outside of the car deal with/without tyres if someone is after them. give me a shout if you are. there is no kerbing on these, just some flaking paint. i gave them a quick blow over for the rally look when they were on over winter and the car can't be cleaned as often! i have also included a photo showing how they sit on the car, taken 2 weeks ago up north.
clio6.jpgclio7.jpgclio8.jpgclio9.jpgclio10.jpgclio11.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just for reference eibach springs and mark fish springs are completely different so you may want to confirm whether its an actual Mark Fish setup or whether its merely riding on Eibach Sportlines.

pol

Reaction score
i wasn't aware there was a different set up so thanks for the heads up. will check the docs later and see what it was that got fitted. take it he is sourcing springs from faulkner or similar to his spec then?

Reaction score
Mark fish gets his own springs made up, they sit lower and are a lot firmer than sportlines, people have speculated they may be made my faulkener! If they're eibachs they'll say eibach on them and I believe the mark fish ones have markings to identify them too! Just look at the rears or take a front wheel off and see if you can identify them!

pol

Reaction score
springs appear to be mark fish variant not eibach which makes sense, it's similar to my mk1 gti but not as extreme (i run 350lb front and 600lb rear!). will try and get the numbers off them later and decode the spring rates.

some interior pictures, sorry about the crap quality. my phone camera doesn't like dull rainy conditions.
clio12.jpgclio13.jpg

pol

Reaction score
car still here and looking for a good home. going to put the wheels and pads up for sale separately. this will reduce asking price which is negotiable so get in touch if it's of interest. i could do with new (bigger) car before a trip to Ireland at start of May!

pol

Reaction score
Oz F1's, winter tyres and DS2500 pads now up for sale separately.

Car reduced to £5,555. come and see it you won't be disappointed. it's 10 times better than #002 which is for sale for £5k in a Renault garage and sounds/looks like it needs several £k throwing at it!

pol

Reaction score
car still here. don't be afraid to travel and see this car folks. 002 is for sale at near £5k at a dealers and is in very poor condition according to the reports. this car will cost you £500 more and will come with a folder of receipts.

give me a call if you want to know anything.

pol

Reaction score
if your interested in the car give me a shout as i will be away in the car next week for 10days and expect to put a few more miles on the clock! if not sold before i go it will go for a full clean @ www.paulpeacocke.co.uk when i am back to get her cleaned before sale again.

pol

Reaction score
Back in the country on Friday. Give me a shout to arrange a drive/viewing, if your interested!

pol

Reaction score
right folks back in the country and car is ready to go. over 1000 views of this for sale ad and nobody has picked up the phone to ask any questions. give me a ring and come and see it.

pol

Reaction score
Still here and looking for a new home. Seen a few cars I would like but need the trophy to go first. Give me a call and come see if.