Trophy 196/500 For Sale

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
With much regret, I am listing Trophy #196 for sale. I have owned the car for a relatively short time, but a job opportunity in the big city means it's neither practical nor affordable to keep it and take it with me.

82,800 Miles
Full Service History (Receipts/Invoices or Stamps Present)
2 x Keys
HPI Clear
MOT Feb 2018 (No Advisories)
6 Previous Keepers

#196 has been very well cared for by its previous owners, sparing no expense on regular maintenance and upkeep. I have a huge folder full of invoices, previous MOT certificates and service history showing work carried out.

All belts and water pump were replaced in March 2013 at 62,604 miles, and the aux belt and tensioner was changed again in February 2015.

The Sachs dampers were rebuilt by Cornering Force in July 2014. This included new seals, un-pin, new Schrader valves and blast/powder coat with dyno printouts. They still feel superb and exactly how they should.

Since 2015, Mark Fish has carried out the maintenance on #196. As well as regular servicing, he has set the suspension up on the Trophy with Koni adjustable rear shock absorbers (Sachs rears still present and in fully working order, to be included in sale) and adjusted the front Sachs to work perfectly with the Cooksport springs. It feels super agile and handles amazingly as a result. It was last serviced by Mark Fish in February 2017 at 81,318 miles, including oil and filter change and 4 x new fuel injectors.

At 78,887 (Feb 2016), all four tyres were replaced with brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 3, the correct tyres for these cars. They all still have huge amounts of tread left, so won't need any attention for the foreseeable future.

The car has been tastefully tweaked by previous owners, but can be easily reverted to standard should the new keeper wish. Modifications include:

- Cooksport springs.
- Koni adjustable rear dampers.
- Rear 10mm/1 degree camber spacers.
- Milltek cat back exhaust system.
- JMS V6 airbox.
- Battery relocation to boot in custom made, carpeted box (to accommodate airbox).
- RS Tuner 98 ron performance map (I will include the RS Tuner box, 98 ron mapping file and OEM mapping file, so easily put back to standard settings). This doesn't give much more power, but improves idle behaviour and gives smoother power delivery.
- Braided brake lines.
- Powerflex inner and outer ARB bushes.
- Powerflex steering rack bushes.
- Powerflex lower gearbox mount.
- Full-fat 182 leather/alcantara rear seat (standard Trophy bench included in sale).
- Parrot Bluetooth hands free system which works with the original stereo and has aux / iPhone input.

Other parts included but not currently on car:

- Sachs rear dampers in fully working order.
- 20mm hubcentric front spacers.
- Standard Trophy rear bench.
- Milltek decat pipe.

Cosmetically, the Trophy is generally in great condition. It has clearly been well kept by previous owners, and more recently myself. On the exterior, all four wheels are in good condition with no kerbing. The paintwork also comes up very well as shown in the pictures, however some of the plastics (door handles, roof rails and boot button surround) have faded. The Trophy also has an original front splitter with no cracks or repairs.

There are a few stone chips to the front, but very typical of these cars and nothing to worry about - as shown, they are barely noticeable. There is a small bit of lacquer peel to the drivers door (pictured) and a chip in the windscreen that I've not got round to having sorted.

Interior wise the car is in good shape, with original Recaro Trendlines in place with numbered sticker. There is no peeling around the heater dials, and genuine Renaultsport mats all round to protect the carpet. There is a split in the drivers seat base bolster, but this can be easily sorted by a trimmer. You can't notice this at all when sitting in the car. The steering wheel has also suffered the famous Clio 'melting', but it isn't bad and still feels fine in use.

This is by far the most fun I've had in a car, so I'll be very sad to see it go. I'm asking £7450, which I believe is a fair price given the history, condition and spec. Please don't hesitate to contact me via PM if there's anything you'd like to know about the car.

*Interior photos to follow.

DS051.jpg DS052.jpg DS053.jpg DS054.jpg DS055.jpg

Last edited:

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interior photos:CLIOINTERIOR4.JPGCLIO196.JPG Cliointerior1.JPG Cliointerior2.JPG Forgot to add my phone number to the advert, 07810770728. Feel free to call me or text and please leave a message if I can't answer. My name's Iain.

Last edited:

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Car is still for sale, currently parked up at a family members house in Hertfordshire.