Reaction score
Hi,
I am doing my first track day oct 14th at angelsey (anyone coming?)
I plan on changing my brake fluid and wondered what people used and recommend?!
Also,would braded lines be a worthy upgrade or are they already braded on the Trophy?
I have red stuff pads at present and grooved discs that came on the car,not too sure on the quality of these discs.does notice on a long,hard brake they drone when hot.Are these the grooves causing the noise or indicate a problem?
Sorry for all the questions.Help on any would be much appreciated,thanks!

Reaction score
I went to Anglesey last year in my 172. It's a good track. The only point of bravery required was trying to take the right kink flat after Church when approaching the left hander before Rocket. I think the the kink is called school. No lift and then turning at high speed and then getting hard on the brakes requires a bit of bottom clenching!

I personally wouldn't bother spending money on anything before a first track day. Enjoy it and learn, then start upgrading if you have to. It's the tyres that'll give up the most. Just top up your fluids and watch some videos. I have found standard Brembo HC discs and pads to be more than up to the job for road and occasional track days. I have read that grooved discs can make a noise, probably nothing to worry about. Enjoy Anglesey and dont get too distracted by the view whilst on track.

I'm going to Oulton on Oct 31st. Only £109 on the trackday site - a bargain!

Reaction score
Agree ^^ Don't mod anything yet. Check all your fluids, watch your tyre pressures, and come in before your brakes overheat! Make sure you do a cool down lap and don't put the handbrake on when you come back in and park (at least until it's all cooled down).

I use girling racing blue fluid but there are lots of other good options.

Have fun, it's supposed to be a laugh not a race ;-)

Reaction score
Thanks a lot,I'm excited,but quite nervous to be fair.
I think it's a great point about learning what I or the car needs first and then tweaking accordingly,if necessary.
Right,I'm on to 'YouTube' to try and get a feel for the track and might even take a trip there before hand so it's not too alien.

Just one last question,how much fuel do you think I'll need for a full day?
I know this is very hard to answer,but I really haven't a clue due to not driving a car so hard for so long.
Thanks

Reaction score
Leave all as it is and after trackday then tweak things for next time as you see fit. You might not have any issues with certain things that others would recommend changing/uprating etc. If brakes begin to fade just let them cool down (have no experience of EBC red stuff to give you advise)

Good decision on changing fluid. Ive used Castrol Super response stuff for 5 years without any track issues at all. ATE blue is highly recommended too.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-742-cas...sponse-super-dot-4-synthetic-brake-fluid.aspx

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...liary-fluids/brake-fluid/?130339010&0&cc5_179

Id check the pads too beforehand. Make sure they have plenty of material left and that they are free in the carriers that they wont cease when hot.

As for fuel at Anglesey I usually fill tank up and carry a 20L jerry can with me and thats more than enough for the day and to get me back home (Live only 30miles away though)

Reaction score
I always take a jerry can with me where I go, but there are never any petrol stations nearby - not sure ifthere are any stations at or close by to Anglesey. As for the red stuff pads....hmmm, not sure about those - be careful, and as suggested above, make sure you have a fair bit of meat left on them.

Another bit of advice - dont run before you can walk! take it easy for the first few sessions and don't try to keep up with others who may be more experienced; if it's your first time then there's much to learn (it's very different to road driving) - you'll have a blast even if you are amongst the slowest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another bit of advice - dont run before you can walk! take it easy for the first few sessions and don't try to keep up with others who may be more experienced; if it's your first time then there's much to learn (it's very different to road driving) - you'll have a blast even if you are amongst the slowest.

Yoda has wise words ;) probably the most important thing even more so than the car

As for Petrol stations there is one in Valley that only does 95, then Tesco in Holyhead that has 99 RON. Both of these are to the North West of the A55. But if you want Shell the only one on the Island is Menai Bridge. There is a petrol station in Llangefni also but only 95 RON.

Reaction score
Really appreciate your wise words everyone.
I will take them all on board.Hopefully will bump into you guys sometime on a track day.Thats if the red stuffs don't let go and I end up in the sea :eek:
Thanks again
Rich