Top Gear

Reaction score
Yes sir!

No, was good day out! Interesting to actually see how its done, where it is etc..

is1

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
Yes sir!

No, was good day out! Interesting to actually see how its done, where it is etc..

Unfortunately, once you've seen it being produced, it will never be the same again.
You learn just how contrived every joke, laugh, scene is and the fact that every race is fixed - it's all fiction.
I know it's no longer a "magazine" program, more pure entertainment.

Reaction score
is1 said:
Sam_K said:
Yes sir!

Unfortunately, once you've seen it being produced, it will never be the same again.
You learn just how contrived every joke, laugh, scene is and the fact that every race is fixed - it's all fiction.
I know it's no longer a "magazine" program, more pure entertainment.

Quite true really. It is indeed VERY scripted in what they say. Richard Hammond appeared to be a bit of a knob in person TBH, bit drama queenish ....

Still good day out nonetheless. Beats work anyway!

Reaction score
Hey, what else is there to watch on a freezing winter Sunday night - we all know it's just a bit of entertainment, enjoy and stop acting like a bunch of moany old men (like me!) ;-)

Ps; always suspected Hammond was a knob :)

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Hey, what else is there to watch on a freezing winter Sunday night - we all know it's just a bit of entertainment, enjoy and stop acting like a bunch of moany old men (like me!) ;-)

Ps; always suspected Hammond was a knob :)

I think it's good sometimes, but last night it was mostly stupid. Trying too hard?

Reaction score
felix said:
I enjoyed the Atom. James May is by far the best one to watch.

Best bit about JM is his hair. I think he's much better outside of TG.

is1

Reaction score
BoroGTI said:
did people really not realise that it was scripted and races fixed before? :?

Well I knew, but the point is, when you see it being produced, you are "told" when to laugh and whether the audience has laughed enough to satisfy the presenters' egos (including running the scene again with more laughter on my visit). Then there are things such as the fact that they tend to push all the pretty girls near the front for the camera etc. etc. When you've travelled nearly 200 miles ...

Yes, I know it's showbiz but when you experience it and how cynical it is, it suddenly takes the veneer off Sunday's one hour rollercoaster ride. Also, by now the cliches have been done to death. You know that, for example, James will always get lost or be the slowest or Clarkson will always say Car "A" is absolutely brilliant but of course you shouldn't buy it etc.

Reaction score
I find Hammond so cringe-worthy.....He needs to grow up quite a lot!! Has anyone seen him on that game show total wipeout!!

Always been into 'motors' but not a fan of the show, always prefered fifth gear! Most certainly always been a fan of the best grandad driver out there! :lol:

Reaction score
Are the power laps fixed then? I thought it was only fifth gear that did that lol