Reaction score
any one else get a tick sound on the wipers and when using the windows?

or did i get a trophy built on a friday afternoon?

cheers andy

Reaction score
Really Annoying!!!!

Do you think that they are cheap relay's and therfore could be changed for more expensive quieter ones?

Reaction score
also not used to only 2 settings on the wipers, and are they rain sensative?

as when i had them on setting one this morning was well annoying clicking away had to turn the radio up lol

apart from that the trophy rocks can not stop driving it

Reaction score
Yes, the relay clicking annoys the hell out of me as well. How can Renault call the intermittent setting "intermittent" when the delay is about 2/10ths of a millisecond?

Has anyone noticed that if the wipers are on constant and you pull up at a junction they automatically go to intermittent when you stop, and then go back to constant when you pull away again?

Also, why is it that some "lesser" Clio models have variable intermittent wipe but not the Trophy? Whats that all about?

I used to have a Ford Focus Ghia that had variable intermittent wipe but other models didn't. All the other models had all the wiring/electronics in place though and so people just used to swap the wiper stalk for a Ghia stalk and "Hey-Presto", variable intermittent wipers! Could the Clio be the same I wonder? Does this Forum have any electrical experts who would know?

Reaction score
The wipers are not rain sensitive, save cost and weight.

Relays are really noisey, think it is either due to Renault choosing really cheap items or they have taken some of the NVH out of the dash to keep weight down.

Reaction score
Intermittent rain wipers

If anyone comes up with a way of getting a variable intermittent wipers rather one wipe every nanosecond then I'd be pleased to hear how to change over. I spent ages trying to find the variable adjustment as I could'nt believe that Renault would not fit one somewhere!! My opinion of Renault is going downhill rapidly!

Reaction score
Aaah, so its not just me that thinks the intermittant wipers are way to fast! Might have to track down that controller....

Reaction score
More info on the intermittent wiper front !

I've just called in to my local dealers on my way past and asked about this wiper stalk mod. They couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me whether it is just a simple case of swapping the switch or not (perhaps they had visions of a warranty claim coming on if they commited themselves and it didn't work). They said that I would have to book the car in to have the UCH checked out. The UCH is what controls the wipers apparently and has to be configured correctly to work for variable intermittents. They said that they didn't know whether the Trophy is correct or not.

Is there anyone on the Forum who has done this mod and can definitely say that it does work? :?:

Reaction score
My god isn't it the worst the old queen must have the same ones on her Renault Laguna and god don't they get to me so annoying.
luckily she is getting a new Audi TT monday morning so fingers crossed Audi get it right :lol:

Any how what you all doing driving the trophy's in the rain? :evil:

Reaction score
Yeah this mod can be done very easy, i will get my dad to put a how to up somewhen over the weekend guys. :wink: