Reaction score
Trophy No.
Iv been traulling through this thread for 10minutes, and im still none the wiser to where this 'gap' is that i should be measuring! :oops:
help?

Reaction score
aucky said:
Iv been traulling through this thread for 10minutes, and im still none the wiser to where this 'gap' is that i should be measuring! :oops:
help?

From what I understand it, the gap is from the horizontal bar joining the damper to the remote reservoir, to the top of the remote reservoir. There is a pic on here somewhere showing the difference.

The photo posted by tallandy here:

http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5975&start=120

shows it quite well.

Attachments

• gap2.JPG
    gap2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 119
Reaction score
Again, I'm no expert, and I haven't got round to checking mine yet, but the way I understand it, the remote reservoir contains about half of the oil and gas needed for the damper to operate. If the gas leaks from the system, the remote reservoir sags, and the two parts move closer together as there is no high pressure gas to keep them apart.

...sits back and awaits to be corrected!

Reaction score
One of the best pieces of information! Is this thread a sticky?

Also, could someone please confirm which Evo Issue Harry Metcalf's write up was (i.e. which month in 2009)? Thanks.

Reaction score
For those who have had a rebuild I believe it's possible to pump up the dampers if they have lost pressure. I think the pressure is 60psi. You can use a pump for mountain bike suspension.

Obviously if there is no pressure there is a problem that needs addressed but this might be useful for very small drops in pressure over time :)

Reaction score
Or take them down your local gas supplier and get them gassed back up with nitrogen for a few quid! Thought it was 65psi also!! Although I can't imagine 5psi making a huge amount of difference!

MF1

Reaction score
Hi - Is this 11,000 car still available please? I am in the market for one...