Reaction score
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evospyshots/2 ... us_rs.html

...and I want one already. Yes, too heavy, forced induction, blah blah blah but it's going to have over 300bhp and weigh less than an EVO X, it will rock. I feel sorry for all those poor sods in their ST's with Wolf and GGR kits struggling to put down 300bhp through the front wheels. :lol:

Reaction score
the whole car will be based around the Volvo S60R. So we are looking at:

2.5 Turbo 5 Cylinder
4WD
and the possibility of the active chassis
300hp and a 0-60 time of around high 4sec low 5 sec.

its gonna blow a lot of cars of the road! :twisted:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wonder when the first car that can do 0-60 in 1 second will be produced???? currently 2.3 is the record is it not - the Gumpert Apollo I believe.

Max

Reaction score
Finally! How many years have they been promising a 4WD Focus RS?
It sits really well in those pictures.
Saw a Wolf ST before Christmas, would have willingly had a go at it but the traffic didn't allow.

Reaction score
I hope they do not use the Volvo part-time 4WD system, as it really does not work very well in performance applications - a combination of that and the indifferent 4C active damping system would not be good news; albeit perhaps Ford could tune it more successfully than Volvo. As a Volvo owner I have to be the first to admit that the S60R is one of the worst high performance cars for a long time - not as quick as it should be, poor handling (feels like a nose heavy 2WD) and the ride is either soggy or so stiff as to be almost undrivable on English roads!!

Reaction score
George K said:
I hope they do not use the Volvo part-time 4WD system, as it really does not work very well in performance applications - a combination of that and the indifferent 4C active damping system would not be good news; albeit perhaps Ford could tune it more successfully than Volvo. As a Volvo owner I have to be the first to admit that the S60R is one of the worst high performance cars for a long time - not as quick as it should be, poor handling (feels like a nose heavy 2WD) and the ride is either soggy or so stiff as to be almost undrivable on English roads!!

very true george. currently work at Volvo and i couldnt believe how much i wanted to get back into my Trophy when i drove the S60R. what a pants system the 4c is!!

the only good thing going for it is the engine and the seats.

Reaction score
It should be a corker, the first proper rival to the Impreza and Evo and infinitely better looking, will cost a fortune to run though and be owned by complete nob-heads (the sort who weigh 50 stone and own Subarus at the moment) Probably better to get an RB5 or P1 then.

Reaction score
drexel said:
How much do you think it will cost? 30k+?

Between £24K and £30K, the ST is only £17K remember. It will be a performance bargain. And if they make sure it's got lots of feedback and feel and a well-balanced four wheel drive system, it might make an adequate replacement for the Trophy in a couple of years, seat five comfortably too. Where it won't fair too well is fuel economy, the ST is a guzzler with a paultry 217bhp.

Reaction score
but nobody looks at mpg when buying a car like that tho neway. so it will defo get snapped up very fast

Reaction score
Fish said:
but nobody looks at mpg when buying a car like that tho neway. so it will defo get snapped up very fast

I don't know, 15mpg will put a lot of people off what is in effect a cheap performance car, it does the Imprezas/EVOs and it's getting increasingly socially unacceptable to account for such poor fuel economy.

Jeez, I'm sounding like a weirdy beardy - it wouldn't put me off!

Reaction score
It wouldnt put me off if i could use it for wkends, but i would probably drive it daily, but hey ive not even got that sorta money lol!

Reaction score
im the same. if i was spending that type of money on a car, mpg would not be on my mind at all. more like.......

how fast is it?

whats the 0-60?

how does it handle

etc................

(u guys get the idea :wink: )

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
using that analigy though you can buy M3's for less that are better spec'd and return better mpg.

I wouldn't spend that money on a ford unless it said GT40 on it :)

Reaction score
Cue said:
using that analigy though you can buy M3's for less that are better spec'd and return better mpg.

I wouldn't spend that money on a ford unless it said GT40 on it :)

You wouldn't want a GT40 that cost £25K, trust me.

Cue, a badge snob? Who owns a Renault? Surely not.

It will trounce an M3 in the performance department anyway, having about the same bhp, more torque, lower kerb weight and 4WD. Probably be a match for the new one in straight line speed and still quicker round the Nurb. It will be properly fast with no direct rival, they'll have to really fuck up the handling/ride for it not to be a winner.