The New Fiat 500 - What A Lovely Car

G

I went to that MPH '07 show last night, and my other half and I were most blown away by the most unlikely of vehicles. I have to say, I didn't expect to spend the most time looking around a Fiat!

This thing was awesome. It comes with a 1.4 16v 99bhp engine, and is similar in ethos to the new Mini or Beetle, but it's somehow captured much more of the magic of the original car. I love it. There's sooooo many different combinations of spec and I just think it's generally funky. It's not built like Fiats of old, either.

I suggest taking a look at one; it's really rather cool. So cool, in fact, that the poor purple Fiesta that belongs to my girlfriend has a first class ticket straight back to Ford, and our local Fiat dealership gets the pleasure of having a visit from one of those lovely Clio Trophys.

She's told me to say this to anyone on here who doesn't like it: 'You're a big fat Clio Trophy knob, whose interior was made in the Kellogg's Cornflakes factory'. How nice of her. Then again, I still have 80bhp more. Hoorah! (trophysmall)

Reaction score
Quite tempted by one of these, shame the back of it is so bland and doesnt relate to the original 500. I think I can resist for now, but i might struggle when they bring out the Abarth version!

Reaction score
artdealer said:
Is it rear engined? If so, waiting for the Abarth model with the struts to hold up the boot lid :)

Lol, no. Front engined and based on the panda chassis I believe.

Bloke at work has an original 500 he brought back from Italy in the back of a transit, awesome little thing!

Reaction score
My missus is looking to get a 1.4 sport when they appear with a view to trading up to an Abarth Supersport when they appear. Scorpion ftw.