Reaction score
Well I have gone and done it. Chopped my subaru in for a Trophy.
Now I know that the next couple of weeks will be hard as I wait for delivery so..

What it is like ? can any owners wet my apetite? Have I made the right decision?

All replies gratefully received :wink:

gimme gimme gimme !!!

:D

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Rob, welcome to the forum! :)

You're not the first person on here to swap a scooby for a Trophy. The Impreza is a great car no doubt about that, and I'd personally love to own one, but only if i could keep the Trophy too, I wouldn't swap.

Occasionally you might miss that kick in the back that turbo gives you, however get the Trophy above 4k rpm and you wont be at all dissapointed at its acceleration. When you're done driving in a straight line, take the trophy on a nice twisty back road and i'm sure you'll know you've made the right decision :D The whole feel and responsiveness of the car just makes you want to get back in and drive it again every time you stop.

Reaction score
Hi Rob, welcome

Having had an Impreza Turbo in the past I can tell you that you're in for a treat. As Nik says, the turbo shove isnt there but there's plenty of grunt as you get the revs up. The Trophy is probably about 300kgs lighter than the Scooby though which you will notice immediately in the chuckability and responsiveness. Coming to your new car you wont feel short-changed at all because all the ingredients for a precision driving machine are there in abundance. Ive been out in the car 3 times today just because its such a blast to drive and I know you'll be hooning around just as much. :p

Reaction score
As has been said by Nik and Kinnyboy the car is just superb, just take it down your faviorte back road and have a blast, the car has so much to give, and you can really pester some much larger more powerful cars to the point where they just have to let you past so they can see what has been pushing them up the road.

I havent had this much fun for ages, and the thing is you dont get tired of it. Its also very easy to drive sensible which was my biggest concern jumping from a 1.4 to a 2.0.

You will love it.

Reaction score
Oh my goodness is the handling fantastic. Like nothing else I have driven. It is so poised. Pound for pound, it is easy the best car on the road. Just fantastic.

/52

hyb

Reaction score
Hi Rob, welcome :D

I've gone from Scooby to S2000, to 325i coupe, now to Trophy...well, its sat in the compound waiting for me to sell bmw and pick it up!

I do admit, i miss the scooby, but running costs and mental petrol prices always made me not want to drive it as much. I've not actually driven the trophy yet, but i'll be sure to give you a heads up before yours arrives :)

Reaction score
Thanks for all your reply's, my scoob is 5 years old and will be out of warranty soon. I Love the scoob but fancy something a bit more "fun" where I dont have to be driving at silly speeds to get the adrenalin flowing.

I really am looking forward to driving the Trophy on my favourite back roads and getting back the feeling I used to have in my original Clio 16v that I had as a company car around 9 - 10 years ago!!

I may even be tempted to do the odd track day ! :shock:

As soon as I know my "Number" and take delivery I will post some pics. All the excellent reviews from respected mags can't be wrong.

Cheers. 8)