the iPod radio thing in my Trophy

Reaction score
As I was warned......it's crap!!!!

Less than ideal sound quality but the main problem is that, living in and around London, there are NO empty FM channels to tune it to!!

Not wanting to change the head-unit I have decided to use the AUX input on the standard Clio radio already in the car. I know I was pointed in the rough direction of the (adaptor??) part to allow me to do this but im a bit crap when it comes to stereos so if anyone could tell me exactly what I need to get and where to get it I would be so grateful.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd be careful what you buy for this as most of the adapters currently available for stalks & displays and cd changers are not compatible with the standard Trophy head unit. Not sure if the same will go for AUX adapters.

I have a Dension DMP3-A hard disc MP3 player, which connected to the standard head unit using a Connects2 Sony CD changer adapter (the MP3 player itself emulates a sony cd changer). This adapter worked fine in the 172 but wouldnt work with the standard head unit in the Trophy.

I could get around this buy installing a Sony head unit so that I can plug the MP3 player in directly without the need for any adapter. But then I needed a Stalk and Display adapter, and this didn't work either. The whole OEM head unit, stalk and display system has changed in the latest 2005 clios, so they no longer work with any of the adapters. #-o

Reaction score
Only problem with using the iPOD with phono leads in to the aux port is that you can only have the music as loud as the ipod puts out ie the volumn control doesn't work on the head unit (This is in SONY's case not sure about other makes but i asume it is the same)
I use a cable which isn't cheap but is worth it, works in the boot disc changer ports and sound quality is amazing never regret buying it even tho it costs apx £90 (other advantage is that you can skip tracks on the head unit and it will change the track on the iPOD also charges of the car battery)
Hope this helps regards
David
(Trying to find company web site for the cable will add soon)

hyb

Reaction score
My alpine aux input was ok. You could control it through the ipod, but then also more on the headunit itself. Just acting like an amp.

Reaction score
Alpine is the tits tho should have guessed that would have been the case

But still the cable has its advantages

Recharges of the car battery
Automatical starts up when head unit is turned on
Skip tracks using head unit (in my case the remote control)
Certain Makes of head unit i think MP3 ones etc show track names and time left on head unit display.

Still trying to find website will add asap tho

Reaction score
Kinny boy i have finaily found the make and website that my link lead is from
I original bought mine of ebay which was suitable for Sony
so i think you best bet is to get in contact with them I let them know what you after as the site dosn't seem that clear, any how have a look for yourself
Regards David

http://www.dension.com/icelink.htm

Reaction score
pretty certain that this compnay will do but if not yet they soon will
Yes i think it splits the ariel not sure site has alot of info should be on there some where.