hyb

Reaction score
Just been to dealers for a go in their demonstrator trophy. Only done 65 miles so i appreciate its still a bit stiff. Seats were superb, really snug. As was the ride, you can fly round corners and it doesn't roll an inch. You can really belt along and it doesnt make a fuss. However, i'm not 100% sure about the car as a package, i didnt like the height you sit at in the seats, the steering was really weighted, which I guess just takes getting used to. I like it, but im unsure if i'm going to be happy with it in months to come. Any thoughts? :?

Reaction score
The seat height is the only thing I dont like, my other car is an 03 plate Corsa SXI and the driving positon is alot better being lower. Suppose I'll get use to it in time but I use the Corsa every day so maybe not.

Reaction score
I have just received my car. Fabulous!! However I agree that the steering seems really weighted to. Is this normal. I was going to take car back to dealers . Is it correct the weight of the steering. :wink:

hyb

Reaction score
I would think its normal, just abnormal compared to other cars. It feels fine with short turns, then when you wind on the lock it seems to want to keep going :)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The weighty steering you will quicky get used to, and its there for good reason. The Renaultsport models have hydraulic power steering rather than the all electric power steering found on the non sport Clios.

The hydraulic system means you get much more feedback from the front wheels through the steering wheel, you really can feel the what the front wheels are doing. Electric power steering makes it nice and easy to get into supermarket parking spaces and stuff, but has no feeling to it at all.

For me the steering feel is a big part of what makes the car so much fun to drive. :D

Reaction score
Seating position will not become an issue over time, got used to it my 172 in no time, and as the Trophy seats are set lower than in the 172 the driving position is much better.

As for the steering, it is what makes the Trophy what it is handling wise, and again you would be used to it in no time. The car is so easy to place and adjust when really attacking corners, there is no vagueness, as Nik says you know exactly what is happening under the wheels!

Get one get one get one :lol: