Talex Lite £59.99

Reaction score
Someone over on CS had posted saying that Aldi are getting Talex Lite speed detectors in on Thursday at £59.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/spec ... 54176.html

To be honest i hadnt heard of the unit but upon doing a little net research it seems to get good reviews and has won a couple of awards from Auto Express(?) - i think they are normally about £80 or £90.

Just thought i'd post in case it might be of interest to anyone - seems like a decent unit at a good price. I've no idea where my local Aldi is though!

Reaction score
Have not heard of these before, I was contemplating a RoadAngel the other day - if it saves my license once then its paid for itself in my eyes.

Reaction score
I wasn't that keen on the Origin b2, but that Pogo Alert looks a very nice piece of kit - £50 cheaper than the Road Angel aswell!

Reaction score
Took the plunge and bought a Talex lite - got to say, pretty impressed. It seems to do everything the more expensive units do at a fraction of the cost. Took the car out a run the day i got it and went past some local cameras to see if it picked them up - which it did without fail. Also got an alert for a possible mobile speed trap area somehwere nearby that i would never have considered.

Like Dave says if its saves his license once then its paid for itself. I didnt buy it with a view to speeding - my thinking was that if you are away somewhere new for the day or weekend etc - all it takes is to be chatting/distracted/slightly lost etc for a moment or two and the next thing you have been flashed for doing 33 in a 30 or similar.

Best of all its small enough to fit in my ashtray and have the display visible to me - no hard wiring or sticky pads on the dash needed 8)