Reaction score
just thought id share sum pics and info rgds my 5 gtt if any1 is interested

its currently been under construction for 3 years now after i decided to go the efi route and lose the carb , and use t/b's instead
had it all running last year only for a valve head to snap when it was being mapped on the rollers and it destroyed a piston and head which was a total pisser.
but now ive forked out and am in the process of a full engine rebuild consisting of a very high spec and all made to measure parts like titainum valves ,je pistons ,uprated pushrods basically built to rev :twisted:

any way heres sum pics

Attachments

• digital photos 111.jpg
    digital photos 111.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 2,179
Reaction score
=P~ That is one sweet 5 Turbo!

What's the deal with the pipes coming out of the turbo (seen best in the first pic), I think I am right in guessing that the pipes go to the front mount intercooler, but what's the idea behind having multiple pipes? :?

Reaction score
OliS said:
=P~ That is one sweet 5 Turbo!

What's the deal with the pipes coming out of the turbo (seen best in the first pic), I think I am right in guessing that the pipes go to the front mount intercooler, but what's the idea behind having multiple pipes? :?

thats the exhaust manifold :wink:

Attachments

• digital photos 039.jpg
    digital photos 039.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 2,150
Reaction score
Christ! That's amazing. Is it a custom design, i've never seen anything like that before, what's the idea behind it, maintaining equal lengths? It's an awesome concept, running throttle bodies like that. :D

I've just noticed that the turbo is mounted differently to how it is in a std car, I'll have to use this as my excuse for my mistake, although looking at it again it is either the sunlight or I think you can even see the exhaust manifold glowing red hot in that first pic! :oops:

I was thinking it was some sort of hard pipe kit going to the I/C and I couldn't work out what the point of having multiple pipes would be, I guess that is because there wouldn't be any point...

Reaction score
the main goal of the conversion is a high revving efi'd 5 gt turbo that will produce a reliable 200bhp and yes its all custom made :)

Reaction score
Very, very cool! 8)

What size/design of turbo are you running, and what boost pressure?

It's an awesome machine, when are you hoping to have it ready to go back on the RR?

Reaction score
cheers m8 ,
well the plan is to see it running again before easter , im going to have to do 1000 miles to run it in seeing as its had a complete engine rebuild then ill be going for the power .

oh and the turbo im using which may change soon is a t25 that has a few secret mods which is fairly small but i want to keep lag to a minimum im not sure what sort of boost pressure ill be running but as much as it can take :twisted:

Reaction score
Sweet, all sounds spot on! :D

Maybe you should keep the turbo small, like you say it should help keep lag to a minimum and if I recall correctly a t25 is good for 20/25psi. Doubt you will need to run much more boost than that as it sounds like your engine will be making huge horsepower even with the turbo on a low boost setting. :twisted:

Keep me posted on your progress, very interested to hear how things go!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Zmaster2k said:
:shock: wow

i miss mine now :(

dscf0266_209.jpg

:D

Reaction score
thought id update this thread for those that might be interested

the car is almost finished now and ive changed the bike throttles for a set from jenvey , it was almost like starting again and thats why its taking so long ,the hardest bit is adapting a plenum to fit in the space with a good conection between the throttles .

anyway heres some pics of where its at

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 639
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 639
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 639
Reaction score
had to cut abit of the firewall away and re shape to give some extra space ,but u can hardly notice or see it when the plenum is on ...

heres some more

Attachments

• plenum fab.JPG
    plenum fab.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 637
  • plenum fab 1.JPG
    plenum fab 1.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 637
  • Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 637
Reaction score
at the moment the plenum is away being polished ,should hopefully get it back mon -tues cant wait to see it all built up and looking shiney :)

more pics :wink:

Attachments

• Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 636
  • Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 636
  • Picture 070.jpg
    Picture 070.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 636