Reaction score
Been meaning to post this for a while.... When accelerating my car sounds strange.. Wouldnt say its a bad sound or anything wrong as done it since I got car but just sounds sort of tinny? Only way to describe it I guess!. it seems to come from under passenger side of the car? Would say more noticeable from cold..

At first thought exhaust was blowing but had it all checked and everything is sweet

Does anyone else find this?

Reaction score
heat shield rubbing against the exhaust section? more noticable under accelaration?
my mk1 172 did this when i got it,just get under the side and bend the shield outwards...before driving of course..

Reaction score
heat shield rubbing against the exhaust section? more noticable under accelaration?
my mk1 172 did this when i got it,just get under the side and bend the shield outwards...before driving of course..

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I sense a Pro-Speed group buy soon :p The standard exhausts have a habbit of making odd noises after a while, it's usually only a matter of time.

Reaction score
Ha ha I am tempted for a new exhaust like! but dont want anything too loud - just a slightly sportier note.
Noise Is weird its def not anything rubbing or catching or loose for that matter its a wonder! :D

Must admit I am no used to a quiet car! I have put it down to being that quiet can just hear the tinny ness of the standard exhaust!

So when we ordering! :evil: :twisted: