Reaction score
My first fellow Clio Trophy spotted - gave each other a wave as the girls in our cars rolled their eyes - was it anyone on this site?

Reaction score
Yep...that was me. I'm based up in Thorbury (#294...I think?).....your on an 06 plate, I assume you've got one of the last one's.....have you had it from new....

My partner not only roled her eyes...she called them common.....

Was good to see you out there!

Reaction score
Any of you guys know whether there's any good hand car washes in Bristol. I study here and my car needs a good wash.
Cheers

Reaction score
I can't bring myself to trust anyone else to wash my Trophy....but there is a hand car wash at ASDA in Cribbs (off M5 J17) and there is a good hand wash at Thornbury Tesco...these guys seem quite thorough......don't recal seeing any in the city centre area

Reaction score
Aha - the Bristol chapter.

As I am in Yatton, and just bought my Trophy, where do you get your cars serviced? Any tips to a good indie or dealer welcome.

Reaction score
Simon Penketh said:
Yep...that was me. I'm based up in Thorbury (#294...I think?).....your on an 06 plate, I assume you've got one of the last one's.....have you had it from new....

I may be going down to Thorbury next week. 598 miles for me :(, can you recommended somewhere for a munch?

I'll not be taking my trophy to collect the car, that's for sure!!!

Reaction score
Vamos, SirSimon you both need to register your Tropy's to get your three stars!

I service mine at Carlton Garage in Exmouth...he's in the phone book. Quite a trip, but if you service during the summer like me you can have a day(and night) by the seaside. Good value and very good service. I'll be having my brakes upgraded there this year

Good Italian (La Brochetta) in Thornbury...or if you prefer Indian food, there's the Mogul Shamrat nearby. For proper pub food you could try the Wellington in Horfield (in Bristol itself on the A38)....that's an excellent pub!

Reaction score
Simon Penketh said:
Vamos, SirSimon you both need to register your Tropy's to get your three stars!

I service mine at Carlton Garage in Exmouth...he's in the phone book. Quite a trip, but if you service during the summer like me you can have a day(and night) by the seaside. Good value and very good service. I'll be having my brakes upgraded there this year

Good Italian (La Brochetta) in Thornbury...or if you prefer Indian food, there's the Mogul Shamrat nearby. For proper pub food you could try the Wellington in Horfield (in Bristol itself on the A38)....that's an excellent pub!

I have register'd it, or have I done it on the wrong place? :roll:

Reaction score
...put a post on the general discussion area and one of the admin guys will sort it out for you! :)

Reaction score
Simon Penketh said:

Yeah, my car was registered in 06, but had two previous owners before me, who put on a combined 4,200 miles, so I might as well have had it from new, without having all the pain of running it in first. I got my Trophy in November after driving a mk1 MX-5 and I must admit, I was worried that after driving a superb handling rear-whell drive car, driving a hot hatch was just going to be disapointing - how wrong I was.

I can also add that Nezo is a fantastic Turkish restaurant in Bishopston on Gloucester Road (A38) just a bit further into Bristol from Horfield

Reaction score
another Bristol Chapter Trophy here. Number 356.

Might see you guys around.