Reaction score
I had had all 3 Clios's

172, 182 and now a Trophy

the 172 Brakes were great with good bite and no fade.

the 182 was shit with no bite and fade

I was hoping the Trophy Brakes would be like my old 172 but alas they are crap like the 182 with no bite and quick fade.

has anyone put pagids RS42 in with braided lines ?

I need better brakes asap.

amm

Reaction score
try just the braided hoses they have made a massive difference with my brakes but i will be putting friction 97 pads on it for September for the Renault sport track day at cadwell park the best person on hear to speak to is Nick he has tried queta few different pads on his trophy .

if you go on www.yozzasport.co.uk you will find they are about the cheapest around and fred and yoz dont mind you calling them and asking qestions .

Reaction score
Try searching as there is quite a bit about brakes.

Can't see why the 172/182/Trophy brakes would be different (I may be wrong but believe they all run same discs and pads) unless the previous owner has boiled the fluid in your car (you bought it second hand right?); e.g. during a track day.

Mine were great but have recently become glazed. Brembo HC discs and DS2500s, braided lines and dot 4 fluid are going in on Tuesday to bring everything back up to a nice level of responsiveness :)

O.

Reaction score
I am doing the same but with Rs42 pads.

This car has not been on a track the brakes were the same in my 182.

The 172 must have had a better pad compound or disk.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Can't see why the 172/182/Trophy brakes would be different

172 cup has a totally different servo as no ABS. Its definitely a much better system (for track use at least). Don't know about normal 172. Either way, I agree that the Trophy's standard brakes are not suited to track driving.

Reaction score
More than adequate for road use though (100-0 in 4.5 secs is pretty good for a 15K car) and they don't squeal or powder coat the alloys.

When my OE brakes are done, I'll be replacing with some better quality pads but the discs are staying the same. I can just imagine what Renault will say if you have warranty issues and you've got aftermarket discs etc.

"We were about to do the £2500 of warranty work but noticed you have fitted non-standard brakes, as this creates undue stress to the body shell and suspension components I'm afraid you have voided the warranty, here is your bill..."

Reaction score
ta tried everywhere but there.

just had a look and i quite fancy this kit. Anyone know what the discs are like to change on the Clio, or are there any how to guides about?

YS010 Clio 172 / 182 / Cup / Trophy Green Stuff Front Package inc. Moquip Braided Hoses Details

Package consists of:

2 x Brembo High Carbon 280mm Front Discs

Front Axle Set Green Stuff Pads

4 x Moquip Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses

This package is orientated towards the trackday user who does not wish to go to a dedicated track pad but who wishes to see a dramatically improved braking response.

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed crap performance of the Trophy's standard brakes in the wet? I was driving from Nottingham to Hitchin yesterday when it dumped it down and the brakes just gave up. The only way to get anything out of them was to pump them a couple of times to dry them off.

Has anybody else spotted this? Will the above brake system modifications improve performance in the wet?

Reaction score
I think you need the RS4 brakes to make a difference in the wet. The ones that keep applying themselves very gentley to dry the disc.

The g/f just said you could put oil on the discs to make the rain run off. I i do enjoy being male. haha