Reaction score
Trophy No.
January 2016 - Update #1

So then... the pistons have arrived! :) Engine parts are ready for assembly. FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!! :cool:

(Massive thanks to Chip for purchasing the outstanding Renault parts needed, to Mike for receiving and taking the parts over to Steve, and to Steve for putting the engine-y bits together).

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Glad the ball is now starting to roll and take shape.

Look forward to your next update :up:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Happy days ;)
Absolutely mate. Dare I let myself get a little bit excited about it? I don't think I can take another crushing engine catastrophe!

Glad the ball is now starting to roll and take shape.

Look forward to your next update :up:
Thanks mate - I'm hoping the engine builder can provide a few pics along the way. Apparently my pistons look epic! I have no idea what they look like as all the parts have been delivered straight to him.

Reaction score
I hope thats not the case this time round. Especially with the level of planning that has got it the this engine build. Which reminds me I need to book mine in with dan soon.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I hope thats not the case this time round. Especially with the level of planning that has got it the this engine build. Which reminds me I need to book mine in with dan soon.
There's certainly been a lot of thought gone into this one but there's always going to be that risk. The hope is that the build is sufficiently over-engineered to allow me a good period of time to enjoy the car before having to refresh a few parts. I'm prepared to do that. What I want to avoid is the scenario of the previous builds whereby the engines were left as piles of junk and unusable. It's always a gamble at the end of the day!

Please DON'T book in with Dan yet. At least not until mine is finished. I don't want people taking up his time... hahahaha! (Just kidding of course!)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
January 2016 - Update #2

The steady progress on Le Clio B**tard Rouge continues.

I've just had word back that my gearbox has been sorted and is good to go. It cost a little more than anticipated but we didn't want any problems whereby we'd have to be ripping the gearbox out again in the near future! As a result the following was carried out:

• Complete strip down and component check
  • New selector balls and springs (not sure what they're actually called!)
  • Diff removed from casing so that the casing could be machined to suit the gearbox sender (thus allowing my MAXX ECU to run launch control, boost by gear, etc.)

I'm hoping to have a few photos to share soon as everything starts to come together. Thanks to Dan at SJM and Avanti for sorting out my gearbox :)

Reaction score
Don't worry mine won't be going to Dan's till April time. Just reminded me I need to get that ball rolling.

I'm just glad everything is going in the right direction for you and your trophy. The build definitely sounds very well planned looking forward to seeing the results.

Dans new build sounds interesting too!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dans new build sounds interesting too!
Yeah - absolutely bonkers mate! I can't wait to have a spin in it! :)

Fingers crossed get to see the T at a show or meet this year, only seen it in bits a Dans so far :p
:( Hahaha!

I'm sure I'll be at a show/meet or two this year :) As soon as I can drive it, that's exactly what I'll be doing. As often as possible. I've a lot of lost time to make up for!

Reaction score
And, make sure you let me know buddy when that car is ready. BK55 ZRR is keen to join in the fun! :eek:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
And, make sure you let me know buddy when that car is ready. BK55 ZRR is keen to join in the fun! :eek:
It's not too far off mate. The hope is for next month... I'm waiting for the engine builder to find time now as my block is ready for machining to match my pistons. It's then a case of reassembling all the new bits so that everything can be put back together again. I'll give you a shout as soon as it's good to go!

Reaction score
I am looking forward for the result!
Mine has now passed the 100k miles mark and runs like
a swiss watch!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I am looking forward for the result!
Mine has now passed the 100k miles mark and runs like
a swiss watch!
I'm looking forward to it, too :) I'm still waiting for the engine to be put together. It's very frustrating at the moment! Especially with all the parts and components ready to go. I am still hopeful for getting the car back next month though.

It's great to hear that your car is still running so well. I'm glad you decided to keep it and I hope it's good for another 100k miles!