Reaction score
I'm collecting my Trophy next week :D but i'd like to know what the service intervals are. Its on 5000miles at the mo so i'd like to be prepared for any immediate costs.

BTW:- Got my cliotrophy.co.uk sticker..just need the car! :lol:

Reaction score
Great news on the purchase! :D

Service is scheduled for 12,000 miles or two years, however they do advise that under some driving conditions you should change your oil every 6,000 miles. As I drive my car quite hard, and it also does a lot of town driving I change mine every 6,000.

Reaction score
Every 12,000 mile service, oil filter every time you change the oil.

Reaction score
Air filters I think might actually be 24k - mine stayed in at the last 12k service but have since replaced with an ITG filter anyway.

6,000 miles definately the way to go for intervals.

O.

Reaction score
As well as maybe changing the oil at 6k, let it warm up before going for it ;)

Reaction score
oliie said:
Air filters I think might actually be 24k - mine stayed in at the last 12k service but have since replaced with an ITG filter anyway.

6,000 miles definately the way to go for intervals.

Just checked the manual and you are right Oliie, air filter at 24k. Having said this it also says to replace it every second oil change if you follow the special conditions schedule (50% journeys under 18 mph) which means every 12k. So as long as it is done before or on every 24k, you can't go wrong really. :)

Reaction score
I think he must have meant 18 miles, my Trophy flings the door open and spits me out onto the road if I keep it under 20mph for more than a few minutes...

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
I think he must have meant 18 miles

No, OliS is right, 18mph.

The special conditions bit in the book says "50% of journeys at an average speed of less than 18mph" but is talking about all models of Clio, not RenaultSport models specifically. It gives the example of cars used as taxis.

I do ten journeys a week going to work and back crawling through town centre traffic at just above walking pace, and I certainly don't do ten fast journeys at nights or at the weekend, which means that 50% of my journeys are probably averaging less than 18mph. Not the most exciting way to use a Trophy, i know, but needs must (and I do cane it when I get the chance).

I'm definitely changing my oil and filter at 6000.

If we all had cars that spat us out at below 20mph people like me would spend a lot of time on the bus covered in bruises :lol: