Selling up

Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling my trophy the reason been is I've owned it for nearly 4 year and only done 2000 mile in it. It has some history with it but it is rough just needs abit tlc as I haven't had the time with working away it's covered 60066 mile and is cat d on the list I will try and post some pictures later the problems it has is it needs a osf driveshaft as the cv boot split and came off so the joint has dried out the suspension is with rik b795d3ad1bf25d57f552a7ce1273b7d5.jpga9d210512290879a67a272baac75d02b.jpg7e5c2e5f34ec02ef007211ad000e781c.jpgperry at the minute getting refurbed so has the cup suspension on it it has a few car park dings in it (before I bought it)
The reason I'm thinking of selling it is I don't have the time to drive it or nothing I wish I didn't have to but can't justify keeping it.
Anyway bk to the point could anyone advise of a rough price range just because it's on the hit list I'm not sure thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Low miles, low keepers, Sachs redone when back from Rik and a spread of service history. Obviously the Cat D is the elephant in the room for any buyer. I reckon it would be worth £6k as a straight car, knock £1500 - £2k off for cat D

Reaction score
Low miles, low keepers, Sachs redone when back from Rik and a spread of service history. Obviously the Cat D is the elephant in the room for any buyer. I reckon it would be worth £6k as a straight car, knock £1500 - £2k off for cat D

Thanks for that mate I'm undecided but looks like I'm edging towards the selling side thanks again

Reaction score
Trophy No.
With it being Cat D I don't think you are going to be able to hang onto the shirttails of the recent price hikes too hard. But there is no reason why you can't get what you paid, cover the cost of the damper refurb and maybe a little more. Almost free motoring.

All this assuming you bought it as Cat D and didn't overpay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With it being Cat D I don't think you are going to be able to hang onto the shirttails of the recent price hikes too hard. But there is no reason why you can't get what you paid, cover the cost of the damper refurb and maybe a little more. Almost free motoring.

All this assuming you bought it as Cat D and didn't overpay.

Yeah I bought it from London as a cat d repaired but it had aftermarket wheels and stuff on it so I've spent a little but the wheels need refurbing and stuff anyway I was going to put 3000 to 3500 but again not sure yet

Reaction score
Agree with hoolio. Your low miles buyer won't even consider it anywhere near the recent prices. Plus your going to have to get the repairs done, especially now you have openly mentioned them.

Tough one to price as the shocks will be good. Then you have the belts issue to price adjust depending on what part of the life cycle they are.

Plus you may wish to explain what your definition of "rough" is. Not a great word to describe anything you might try and sell. Appreciate a concourse owner would look at a fly on the bonnet and decide it now looks rough. So it's all subjective.

However, like a few people(inc myself, 147 is currently "rough" but a hoot to drive) who want cars and not investment opertunities. You will 100% get a buyer for it, might just have to be a little more realistic with your prices.

Reaction score
Yeah I bought it from London as a cat d repaired but it had aftermarket wheels and stuff on it so I've spent a little but the wheels need refurbing and stuff anyway I was going to put 3000 to 3500 but again not sure yet

I don't think you are being too optimistic at that sort of price range