Reaction score
Hi GentsIs there any more people interested in a new group buy? I'm looking to arrange something soon as my 90k mile old standard exhasut is on its last legs!I've spoken to Whybee who have suggested they would be able to supply the originaly design of centre box, and possibly an improved new deisgn (Scorpion have got a 182 in next week to work on the design seemingly).Prices are to be confirmed, but if you're interested either let me know on here or Cliosport.

Reaction score
Hi GentsIs there any more people interested in a new group buy? I'm looking to arrange something soon as my 90k mile old standard exhasut is on its last legs!I've spoken to Whybee who have suggested they would be able to supply the originaly design of centre box, and possibly an improved new deisgn (Scorpion have got a 182 in next week to work on the design seemingly).Prices are to be confirmed, but if you're interested either let me know on here or Cliosport.

Hi, Are you certain that Whybee have agreed to provide the original Front Silencer/Centre Box?

Also, how serious (or committed) were they about having a new, improved Centre Box, and the timescales for this to become a reality? I think what we all want is a new, improved Front Silencer/Centre Box that displays the same sound and performance characteristics as the original item, but one that is more durable/robust and not prone to cracking as the original item did. As such, it may make sense to have this as the remit for the next Group Buy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I spoke to them via email yesterday they are redesigning the original pipe with the sound characteristics in mind. The design provided in the group buy, plus a straight through version is also available. I did say to them that the biggest reason people go for the RS192 was for the lack of boomy exhaust, afterall there are plenty of loud options on the market.http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ess-Thread/page7&highlight=titanium+rs192When I was doing my research I cam across that thread on Cliosport which demonstrates that the new centre box has been in production for a while now, and also shows Scorpions level of customer service.I want to try and squeeze some prices out of Whybee today at which point I'll start a new thread, so this one can be left for feedback on the old groupbuy if that sounds okay? I'm very ken to get something sorted ASAP due to my exhuast blowing at the moment and my MOT expiring in a bit over a month.

Reaction score
Yesterday Scorpion wrote me:
[FONT=&quot]The silencer you have recieved is a redevelopment of the original silencer we produced. What we are going to do is to have a car back here and develop a silencer that is more in keeping with the original style and is a little quieter than the one you have.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I believe the intention is to then market your style as “race silencer” and the new designed one as “road silencer”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The car is scheduled to be with us on the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] April.

Whybee wrote:
[/FONT]

Scorpion are looking at tweaking the original silencer as some people seem to prefer it

Therefore going forward we will have 2 types available

If you do not want to fit the new one, then there will be a 3-4 week wait for a redesigned centre pipe

So I wrote them that I´ll sent the "race" centre pipe back in exchange for a new road one. They agreed.
I will keep the back box on my car as it works fine.
Everyone who wants the new "road" centre box may do it like me.

Regards guys

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Reaction score
Excellent news Max. Just what I wanted to hear - the Front Silencer/Centre Box goes back in exchange for the newly designed item....

Thanks or the heads up.

Reaction score
Hi, Are you certain that Whybee have agreed to provide the original Front Silencer/Centre Box?

Also, how serious (or committed) were they about having a new, improved Centre Box, and the timescales for this to become a reality? I think what we all want is a new, improved Front Silencer/Centre Box that displays the same sound and performance characteristics as the original item, but one that is more durable/robust and not prone to cracking as the original item did. As such, it may make sense to have this as the remit for the next Group Buy.

The whole reason most go for the scorpion is that it sounds great and isn't boomy. The original system is very bland and characterless. I for one don't want an exhaust to sound like that

Reaction score
Untill now Scorpion is not able to supply the calmer (old) centre box. I was told that development will be finished by the end of next week.
I find it great running a Scorpion back box and a non fittig OEM front silencer since Febuary :(
If I had known before I`d choosen another manufacturer. 3 Months waiting for a centre box... It is like ordering
spare parts for my Aprilia motorbike;)

Reaction score
Untill now Scorpion is not able to supply the calmer (old) centre box. I was told that development will be finished by the end of next week.
I find it great running a Scorpion back box and a non fittig OEM front silencer since Febuary :(
If I had known before I`d choosen another manufacturer. 3 Months waiting for a centre box... It is like ordering
spare parts for my Aprilia motorbike;)

Hi Max,

My car is the car scorpion used for development. The development was finished a month ago they just haven't started manufacturing them yet. The new centre section is the same as the old style, just with a flexi-pipe to overcome the cracking issues.

Cheers

Reaction score
Hi is their a new group buy going on for the newer version silencer yet if so is their a price list for them thanks

Reaction score
hi, best bet would be check the group buy section on cliosports, as we do not have enough members on here to group buy anything lol :rolleyes: