Reaction score
Trophy No.
http://www.spring-loaded.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=Sachs~Bump~Stop/Dust~Cover~Kit~-~900~004

I'm betting were not far off track with something like this .. we could machine the inner hole out to 25mm if needs be , these are sachs parts..

I have to admit i was looking for something that at least looked similar to start off with but I could be persuaded. You probably know better than me but what effect, if any, do different bump stops have on the performance of something like the OE Sachs?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As long as you stick to the std length and OD it should have a pretty minimal effect .. on our set up it is more for bottoming safety rather than a more modern longer bump stop that is designed to be a method of rising rate springing as the car rolls ,, you could if you were thinking of a track set up explore longer stops for this ..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Okay that confirmed what i thought. So in essence the specification is not (that) important a long as they protect though it would be nice if they looked as original as possible.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think best plan is to give them a call and explain the situation and give measurements and see what they have that's close.. If it's just opening up the ID on the bump rubber that's easy..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No idea mate, seen them on a few dampers but most seem to have the single seal red cap.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes the red one is the standard Sachs part.. But i think that one might be the BG upgrade ?? Anyone else have that option might be able to confirm ??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Definitely looks like the same base plate they fitted to my spares recently but the valve they fitted is almost flush.