Sachs Damper Refurbishment-BG Motorsport

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Of those of you that have had the dampers refurbed at BG, what documentation have you received? Invoice? List of work? List of parts? Printout from dyno? They seem to have a standardised price structure, was that adhered to?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually had a dyno sheet from them??

Dyno sheets are not handed out to customers from BG, They are kept on file (your damper card)

You get an invoice with parts listed and work carried out along with price for parts.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Well has anyone been shown a sheet then??

I would e-mail BG / Cornering Force or who ever else rebuilds dampers.

Im guessing that BG do not release the graphs and technical information to the public to stop people getting this information.

Reaction score
I would e-mail BG / Cornering Force or who ever else rebuilds dampers.

Im guessing that BG do not release the graphs and technical information to the public to stop people getting this information.

what could you do with the dyno results?

i just want a pretty graph that i dont understand :p lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I would say if a customer owns the dampers and pays for them to be dyno tested by someone then they should be able to see the graphs...
My point is not that I am asking to see one.. But is , are they being done..?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
what could you do with the dyno results?

i just want a pretty graph that i dont understand :tongueout: lol

From the dyno I'm guessing you will be able to see exactly where the damper peaks and what its set at so therefor will be giving out data.
Im lead to believe that all pinned dampers that leave BG are to Sachs / Renault spec and dyno'd over and over again until they are perfect.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If they dyno the pinned ones and they are off spec how does dyno ing them over and over help if they can't adjust them.?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
If they dyno the pinned ones and they are off spec how does dyno ing them over and over help if they can't adjust them.?

One of my dampers was stripped down 2/3 times and rebuilt 2/3 times due to them not matching on the dyno and mine are pinned.

Im guessing and its "JUST" a guess that BG know what there doing and how to build, rebuild & test there work, after all they are the only Authorised Sach dealer in the UK using genuine sachs parts.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm sure they know what they are doing .. But i would be happier if someone had seen a dyno sheet to be shown that they had been graphed and matched..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Exactly ...

BG charge more and give less.. I think they have a monopoly on servicing as they are sole agents and as such overcharge ..

I wonder how they would reply if people suddenly started asking to see their graphs ??

Last edited: