Reaction score
Trophy No.
Heading out of Marcham towards the Frilford Shell garage at abput 17.00. My first spot of another Trophy on the road in eight years of ownership and damn they look good. Would have waved or flashed but was in a series 1 BMW luxo barge and guessed I would have looked like some kind of maniac.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
On the road yes, there is one that belongs to someone who works at the post office depot in Wallingford but that is always parked and is a bit of a ruin tbh.

Reaction score
On the road yes, there is one that belongs to someone who works at the post office depot in Wallingford but that is always parked and is a bit of a ruin tbh.

??????

Mine was the only one that was ever parked there and most definitely was not a ruin! It was usually a bit grubby though admittedly.

I work for TT opposite the post office and often parked it on the road as the bus yard is pretty dusty.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Put my foot right in it there didn't I. Ruin is probably a little strong but if I remember the front end was pretty pock marked with some nasty chips and it looked as though it had had a respray though could be wrong. Having piled on the miles on mine over the last year I appreciate how difficult it is to keep them pristine so if I was a bit harsh, sorry. J

Reaction score
Hi buddy that was me. Just finished the Abingdon track day,
last hour grabbed after work. Only had the car a week, it handled brilliantly.

Reaction score
Just seen Saamms' post. Surely there could not have been two trophies in Marcham at 1700 hrs on Fri, I was defiantly there as motorsports events.com red flagged the last session at 1650, then I headed out through Marcham to Wantage and home.

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Big Doh, not very happy at upsetting another member, wish I could unsay it but I can't.

Hutch, Sam I'll leave you guys to sort it as I really can't remember the reg, so to quote Harry Hill "fight fight fight"

Reaction score
Big Doh, not very happy at upsetting another member, wish I could unsay it but I can't.

No worries mate :) She never was where I wanted her to be cosmetically, flying was too much of a pull to go all out on the car but mechanically she couldn't have been better.

There were alot of stone chips but it had over 90,000 miles on it and nope, no resprays although if I had of kept it that would probably have changed.

The new owner is sorting it out though. I've seen some pics and it looks incredible.

Reaction score
Put my foot right in it there didn't I. Ruin is probably a little strong but if I remember the front end was pretty pock marked with some nasty chips and it looked as though it had had a respray though could be wrong. Having piled on the miles on mine over the last year I appreciate how difficult it is to keep them pristine so if I was a bit harsh, sorry. J

Just saw this!

I'm the new owner of the Trophy you saw (#224).

The bodywork is actually quite good tbh, the car just needed a thorough clean/decontamination and polish (there were some bad swirls!!). The stone chips are in line with a car of its age and mileage in my opinion. It would benefit from a front end respray (as most cars with original paint at 92,000 miles probably would), but I'm not sure it's warranted really.

There were a few light marks here and there, but nothing a couple of passes with a DA didn't sort. I'm yet to do a proper write up (didn't get chance to get some 'after' shots), but here are some recent photos:

9702644874_57342bde42_z.jpg
IMG_0238 by tommo1991, on Flickr

9699415113_0867fc00fd_z.jpg
IMG_0237 by tommo1991, on Flickr

9702662460_4a870b2a55_z.jpg
IMG_0236 by tommo1991, on Flickr

9702672170_6f65a5d661_z.jpg
IMG_0235 by tommo1991, on Flickr

(note these were taken straight after polishing, so not finished by any means)

It's also worth mentioning, mechanically, the car has been cared for meticulously since new. The service history was better than any other Trophy I saw or have seen since. It drives extremely well and I've not had any problems whatsoever.

A great example and I'm loving Trophy ownership because of it!

Last edited: