Reaction score
Whos got a n RS tuner and whats the verdict any downsides or anyone had any problems ?

Reaction score
davo172 said:
Whos got a n RS tuner and whats the verdict any downsides or anyone had any problems ?

Ive not got one but have done ALOT of reading on it.

No downsides! Much better drivability.. it smoothens the power curve so you're not waiting for 5k revs to get some power.

Dont expect alot of extra BHP but your car will drive a hundred times better.

Im waiting for them to come back in to stock :(

Reaction score
I like waiting for the 5k kick, like a turbo!!! not really but still fun :)

Reaction score
Curley said:
davo172 said:

Ive not got one but have done ALOT of reading on it.

No downsides! Much better drivability.. it smoothens the power curve so you're not waiting for 5k revs to get some power.

Dont expect alot of extra BHP but your car will drive a hundred times better.

Im waiting for them to come back in to stock :(

Well, not strictly true.

I have one running an RS192 exhaust and ITG panel filter. The remap really does help the cold start issues and does help smooth the torque curve below 4K ish - also smooths out the "flat spot" which i always found around 3.5K. But the 5K kick is still very much where the fun is at - no amount of mapping on the standard internals is going to change that!!

Biggest plus for me is a smoother drive below 3K - and the car is MUCH more efficient on fuel now. Before the map i was getting 32-34 mpg (some town, mainly B-Roads) but now i'll easily hit around 36mpg with the same driving.

All in all highly reccomended but dont expect miricles!

Reaction score
Cheers guys . i have read a lot of stuff on these and nearly all of it good just dont fancy doin it myself :)

Reaction score
davo172 said:
Cheers guys . i have read a lot of stuff on these and nearly all of it good just dont fancy doin it myself :)

It really is VERY easy!!

Reaction score
are yo using the standard map that it comes with or have you used the custom option?

Reaction score
Just using the most up to date option, Again unless the car is heavily modified there will be very very little advantage in having a custom map.

Reaction score
i rate the rs tuner, simple to use, downloaded the updated ecu software and free performance 98ron map, the most noticeable difference seemed to be how smooth the cars engine and gearbox felt, also seemed to pull slightly harder from lower revs. The custom performance map has not been available for a while now.

Reaction score
I've just read through the old 6 page thread about the RStuner. To break it down then:

190euro buys you the software, interface box, and leads.

You plug in and drive to log real world data.

You send this data to Henk.

Henk sends you a map specifically tuned to your car.

You upload the map into your ECU.

Sounds great! So to play devils advocate:
For £166 you get a map customised to your car, so why is it so cheap? A K-tec remap is £293 but with the RS tuner you get your remap, the box and the software?!

Will henk supply different maps for you eg economy and performance as well as keeping your standard map on file? Or will he supply just one with the original cost?
I think i'm missing something along the way somewhere with this...

Has anyone verified before and after on a dyno? Not just for power and torque, more to see the trace to give an idea of improved driveability.

I'm very tempted to buy one, especially as you can purchase the keys to be able to remap others' ECUs.