Reaction score
I must be a masochist in advertising Wanted Ads for Focus RS. The owners are only after MENTAL money for them, and I'd say I was prepared to be as bullish as I am with CT.

Just told by someone they will wait and readvertise in the Summer as cars fetch more then...??? Obviously forgotten that it will have dropped another £1000 in the guide by then too!

Pleased (not) to be on the receiving end of a £1000 drop in 2 months on my M3! Now sold I think :)

Reaction score
I briefly looked at an RS last month. Nice car 20k miles for 13995. Alot for an 03 car then found out it had had 6 owners!! I walked away.

Reaction score
The RS is much like the Trophy & other performance cars from a value point of view imo.
No where near what the book tells your they are worth.

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
The RS is much like the Trophy & other performance cars from a value point of view imo.
No where near what the book tells your they are worth.

Agreed, they are too cheap in G Guide. I'd probably pay up to £1500 into book - find someone else!! But there is a limit!

I'll buy one if it comes along, until then...

Reaction score
Buying an RS new was a very sound purchase. They were selling second hand for up to £23K at the launch because they were in such demand. Even the poor write-ups and a paultry three stars from evo hasn't dented their residuals. Most RS owners know that no two are alike, from the factory power outputs ranged from 210 to 235bhp and some torque-steered terribly while others experienced very little. Putting the right tyres on is the most important consideration apparently.

Very disappointed to hear that the new RS will have upwards of 250bhp but still bloody front wheel drive! They had an opportunity there to steal a lot of Impreza sales but not now.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Very disappointed to hear that the new RS will have upwards of 250bhp but still bloody front wheel drive! They had an opportunity there to steal a lot of Impreza sales but not now.

I think they still will do from what I've read about the new Impreza tbh Steve.

I did hear that all of Fords press FRSs were destroyed by Ford after they had served their purpose. Apparently the majority of press cars were thought to of been set up differently & far to focused @ the cost of drive ability.
Customer cars have had far far better reviews from testers. The difference is so drastic that EVO actually went back & changed their rating of the car based on an experience like this 8)

Reaction score
I would agree that of the three I have had, the second standard car was a far better car than even the first which had a dyno print 260BHP and max torque early on. Also i hate those bloody dump valves that they seem to want to fit!

In discussions about taking a 2003 WRX STi UK PPP in p/x, in which case I'll back off the RS hunt for want of funds!

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
Customer cars have had far far better reviews from testers. The difference is so drastic that EVO actually went back & changed their rating of the car based on an experience like this 8)
Only to then bad mouth the car again during the best front driver issue... that lot is more fickle than girls and their shoes :lol:

Reaction score
artdealer said:
In discussions about taking a 2003 WRX STi UK PPP in p/x, in which case I'll back off the RS hunt for want of funds!

Nice cars Steve 8)

Reaction score
Karlos said:
Will be seriously tempted by the new RS in 2009. Thought they were getting 300 bhp?

Rumours about the next Gen RS have been flying about since the last RS was annouced.
I'll believe it when I see it

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
Karlos said:
Will be seriously tempted by the new RS in 2009. Thought they were getting 300 bhp?

Rumours about the next Gen RS have been flying about since the last RS was annouced.
I'll believe it when I see it

LOL, remember a few years back when the interwebbers said there was no way the next RS Clio and UK CTR would have under 200bhp? :roll: :lol:

Reaction score
Article in Car magazine about the RS focus this month does look good. But again 300 through front wheels? Why not reduce power and reduce weight instead. It's such a waste of possibilities.

Personally manufacturers seem to be power crazy at moment instead of thinking about the overall package.

I d love to see an R26 cup (or Trophy) model with no gizmos and just car!!