Remaining Trophy numbers on 'How Many Left'

Reaction score
Having a browse on the very addictive 'How Many Left' website the other day and thought I'd look at how the Trophy is getting on:

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=clio+trophy

Only 411 left registered on the road as of third quarter 2012, and 32 more tucked away on SORN. So that leaves 57 Trophys MIA, presumably either written off or exported.

Makes the remaining Trophys even rarer, of course – especially compared to other low-volume cars. There are, for instance, a whopping 638 F430 Spider F1s registered on the road in the UK. Common as muck, those Ferraris…

This website can be a major time waster, by the way – you have been warned!

Reaction score
well done on finding that site, but it suggests there was only ever a maximum of 470 total cars?, ie in year 2006

Reaction score
well done on finding that site, but it suggests there was only ever a maximum of 470 total cars?, ie in year 2006

I think that just suggests that there was only 470 regestered at the time? The other 30 would of still been unsold. Either that or they were being used as a demo car by renault or something along those lines.

Reaction score
The total of 470 did confuse me, but if you look at the graph there is a significant bulge up and over the 470 mark. It isn't explained with a dot / number, but I wonder if this was indeed the final 30 cars being registered?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This has been talked about before with no definitive conclusion reached. There was talk of 25 going off to Japan which would conveniently fill the gap but not seen any proof of that.

Reaction score
I thought a few Swiss cars went to Japan? There are a few UK cars living in Europe now which will account for some of those.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
down to 377 now :(

51 had sorn against them at the same time though, so that's 428.

They will be 10 years old next year though and with high mileage wear and tear i expect that number to start tumbling fairly rapidly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does make for interesting reading, rare cars now getting even rarer as time goes on. Been keeping an eye on numbers left of my other 2 cars Renault 11 Turbo Phase 1, & Renault 5 GT Turbo Raider.

Reaction score
What would be more interesting is how many are now pure enthusiast owned and being looked after properly versus how many are just seen as 182 and have more chance of being striped for recaro cash in the future than saved.... the current ebay track "weapon" inc.

Reaction score
On top of those figures there are at least a handful that have made their way to continental Europe, plus a few track-only Trophys. It's an interesting ballpark figure though.