Reaction score
I have just purchased a new set of rear seats for my Trophy and now im looking to sell my original ones.

If anybody needs to replace theres or knows anyone who would want them please send me a PM.

Any ideas as to what i would get for them should i sell them?

Many Thanks

Marc

Reaction score
i sold my old set for a mere 30 notes... advertising them as super light super great Trophy rear seat didn't help :wink:

you might want to try cliosport tbh Marc... mine sold within a couple of days of advertising them

Reaction score
I am a memeber over on Clio Sport but it wont let me put new threads on there?

I didnt think i would get much for them. Picked up a set of Clio Sport rear seats today in mint condition for 80 pounds. I think there the same ones you had in ur last Trophy.

Any ideas on how to get the back part of the bench out? Does it just pull out like the lower part?

Reaction score
marcholloway said:
I am a memeber over on Clio Sport but it wont let me put new threads on there?

I didnt think i would get much for them. Picked up a set of Clio Sport rear seats today in mint condition for 80 pounds. I think there the same ones you had in ur last Trophy.

Any ideas on how to get the back part of the bench out? Does it just pull out like the lower part?

i can advertise it for you :wink: as you need to be a member to sell

i removed the isofix bar on the last one to get the seat out in the last one i think..... or that might have been taken out to fit the new one in.not sure, i'm only down the road though if you get really stuck with it

Reaction score
That would be wicked mate if you could advertise it for me. Its in perfect condition etc.

Going to have a ago at doing seats on Tuesday will let you know if get stuck.

cheers

Reaction score
drop me an email with a quick ad and any pictures you have as well as what you want for the seat and i'll put an advert up for you fella

Reaction score
Marc - You need to undo the middle of three bolts on the Isofix bar to release the bracket that is attached inside the seat back. You will need a Torx bit T25 I think. The seat back then clips out of the mountings on the sides and pulls out. The seat base just pulls out!

If you want to remove the Isofix bar, then you need to remove the two T40 Torx bolts on each end of the bar.

Day

Reaction score
Wish it were, those two T40 Torx bolts on each end of the bar go right through the floor plan and are liable to corrosion.
This can make make them hard to remove.

Should be ok on a 2 year old car mind :)

Reaction score
Basically i have a three year old son who sits on a booster seat in the back and i need rear head rests to support his neck should i have an accident. With the standard bench his neck is likely to snap backwards over the top of the seat if that make sense.

With the head rests this will prevent that from happening. I would rather spend eight pounds on seats and have a little bit me weight on board, than get rid of the car completly. Plus keeps his mum happy after already moaning about how unpractical the car is.

Hope that explains. :D

Reaction score
You didn't need to explain yourself though! Lots of people have put leather s/f/r seats in, and why not? As one of the Olly's said once, he doesn't take rear passengers because of the lack of headrests, it is a very real concern, a bit like when the seatbelt law didn't include people in the back - Crazy!

I've taken my rear bench out as I'm doing a trackday soon and it saves a couple of kilos (15 including jack), and is very easy to do, five minute job. Didn't spot any corrosion either but then I would hope not for a 20 month old car!

Reaction score
I just took mine out completely......they're next to useless any way as you can't get your friends in behind the recaros (and there's no head restraints so they're probably not safe!)......save some more weight, improve the boot space for those camping trips, and get improved exhaust note in the cabin!! :p

Reaction score
My GF just thinks I'm a bit odd but I like the increased road noise, you can hear what the tyres are doing! When I'm on my own in the car it definitely feels a smidgen more nimble, gives the whole car a rawer feel. I helped my work colleage move at the weekend and got a shit load of stuff in the back too without having to worry about marking the seats/boot cover - A Trophy van!

Reaction score
Now that our boy has his own wheels I am considering making it permanent and removing the rear seat belts and trim that holds the parcel shelf. A nice peice of carpeted MDF will make the area level with a pair of loud speakers for good measure (although I don't use the stereo, prefering engine noise....my GF likes loud music) I quite like the way that BMW approached this with the Minin GP.....I won't bother with a strutt brace though!

Day

Reaction score
son of solo said:
why make a lightweight car heavier?
why make a limited edition car non standard?
what next? zenons ?

Same reason you fitted a 182 carpet I guess.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Like Steve Say's you don't really need to explain yourself, it's a no brainer no compromise situation if you're going to carry people in the back, i'd get one fitted if i did and it's easily reversable. As for the weight thing the heaviest optional extra is the driver, at 70kg i'm ahead of the game but you could always lay off the pies.

Reaction score
Just thought id shead some light on it. Would love to take them all out and use it as a weekend car.

They all went in ok today and will definately do the job. Plus they do look far better than the standard bench. Shame about the weight though. :(