Re: Quality Replacement Parts Wheel Bearings/Track Rod Ends

Reaction score
Need to replace a few bits on the Trophy to make sure its sorted with the MOT getting closer. Have had a rumble around 30-40 mph and now I need to replace both near side wheel bearings. The Trophy had brand new rear discs/pads/bearings in December just before I bought it, in my ownership since its done 3200 miles so either the garage that did the work fluffed it uo by not fitting the spacers or I have a duff bearing.

Near side front bearing needs to be changed too, however this is my 3rd 172/182 and wheel bearings seem to have a really short life on these cars, therefore want to replace with good quality that will last.

What bearings is everyone using? genuine Renault ones worth a look?

Also, need to replace both track rod ends, looks like originals still on just got play in them now. Found a pair of genuine Renault track rod ends on ebay £83.00 delivered, or are the Lemforder ones or equivalent just as good?

Any advice much appreciated chaps. :)

Reaction score
Thanks fella, thinking of buying genuine front wheel bearing, probably rear too then Lemforder track rod ends and see how it goes from there as put genuine rear wheel bearings on my 172 fullfat I had before the Trophy and they lasted better than the others.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The above was just to give you an idea, stuff like that I will generally go OE. I guess that we need to buy the cup version bearing for the front??? I'd be checking that one anyway.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I tend to go with OE Renault parts where I can, but Lemforder parts are well made and equivalent to OE. They are an OE supplier for many German cars (VW/Audi etc) and I've never had problems with longevity of Lemforder parts on any of my cars. I have Lemforder track rod ends and ball joints ready to fit to my car soon, ECP online prices for Lemforder parts are a fair bit cheaper than Renault prices.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
3 different sizes on the wheel bearing. This is the Trophy version. (40x84x38)
F.A.G Wheel bearings where the OE Supplier to Renault, Only difference is the box they are in.

182TrophyWheelBearing.gif

Reaction score
Thanks guys, great info. Thinking of going for a pair of Lemforder track rod ends, oe supplier to Audi/VW is good enough for me (I work for VW). Do Lemforder make the OE Renault track rod ends? Want to get genuine bearings, is it possible the garage fitted a pattern part thats wrong size on front and thats why its lasted just over 3000 miles?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
With three versions to choose from it's fairly likely, though equally it could have been a shonky chinese special or there could be an underlying fault. More likely that it's one of the smaller versions that have been rattling around in there though. Not sure about the ends though.

Reaction score
Have spoken to my local Renault Dealership down the road from work, getting genuine Front (Clio 182 Extreme Pack) wheel bearing, and rear wheel bearing trade £114.00 for the pair. Getting Lemforder track rod ends from Euro Car Parts as £41.00 a side from Renault is abit more than I can spend at the moment as will need a pair of new front tyres shortly to replace Toyo Proxes T1R's, that will be the next debate!