Reaction score
tbh, they are blimmin massive. I think the design of them makes them look larger than 18's. Parked next to something with 15's it's almost ridiculous!

I know what you mean Gaz, would love to see what they look like on the Trophy!

Reaction score
Gazza said:
Oh i would love to try those wheels on my trophy just to see how they look.

And before you all try and castrate me, I know it would ruin the cars handling and stuff. But would be interesting right? :wink:

to be a party pooper... trophy wheels are 4 stud, meggy wheels are 5 :wink:

Reaction score
15's are the way forward, means you can have stiffer suspension and still get a decent ride.

My first car had 15's and they were perfect, it was a 1.9 too, I'm going backwards!

Reaction score
Back on topic - slightly -

The R26 will be at FCS this weekend with me and Steve looking probably worse for ware so if anyone wants to go for a spin then come and shout. :D

Reaction score
Where you at FCS? Saw a black megane with same rentech sticker. if it was you car looks really cool.

Loads of Trophy's at FCS and Meganes.

Getting tempted for the R26 but it will be next year.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy176 said:
Where you at FCS? Saw a black megane with same rentech sticker. if it was you car looks really cool.

Loads of Trophy's at FCS and Meganes.

Getting tempted for the R26 but it will be next year.

yeh that was it. Shiny and with the 'new car small' still intact. Good looking motor..

Reaction score
Yup, sounds like me! Don't think anyone else had a rentech sticker.

I ended up finding my way over to the rolling road (i'm not sure what happened!) and was very impressed with the figures the meg was putting out. Seeing as it was just on 850 miles at the time, the stats came out as 227bhp at the fly at 6500ish and 200lb ft of torque atw at around 3800.

I also stuck around to see how others faired to get a better idea on accuracy. Watched a couple of clios with basic mods run around the 168-170 mark at the fly, so seems to be fairly consistent with other RR's.

Then I got it remapped! oops. 248bhp at 6500 and 220lb ft atw at 3000rpm. Main thing is that it has completely cured the bizarre lack of torque at certain revs. Seems like renault have been very modest with the tune by the looks of things. It should loosen up a hell of a lot more as well, and with a few little tweaks I think that 265 is easiy achievable. It's now pulling like a train and is also returned 33mpg on the way back to brighton. It only managed 24 on the way up (on a clear run!!)

I also whipped the Megane badge of the boot as it makes the back end look a lot cleaner.

All in all I'm a very happy man!

(Good to meet/catch up with all of those that I did - Fraser, Gareth, Matt etc. Was nice to see so many trophy's again.)

Olls

Reaction score
chiefbadger said:
I ended up finding my way over to the rolling road (i'm not sure what happened!)...Then I got it remapped! oops. 248bhp at 6500 and 220lb ft atw at 3000rpm!

Nutter! :twisted: :wink:

Reaction score
chiefbadger said:
Good to meet/catch up with all of those that I did - Fraser, Gareth, Matt etc.

good to meet you finally too fella... my mate had his remapped there too - i'm guessing you went with the one i pointed you in the direction of?

keep us updated of how you get on with it :wink:

Reaction score
Olly you nutter, you said you were going to keep this car standard! 250bhp at the fly, that thing was fast enough as it was, insane. You're going to be chewing up WRX's and spitting them out now.

Reaction score
I saw you in the q to go on the rolling road, wished I had come over to chat.

Was very impressed woth the r26 turnout and looks like they have a good club going.

Did you see the yellow meg? On track it sounded like Darth Vaders Tie Fighter whooooooooooosh!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy176 said:
I saw you in the q to go on the rolling road, wished I had come over to chat.

Was very impressed woth the r26 turnout and looks like they have a good club going.

Did you see the yellow meg? On track it sounded like Darth Vaders Tie Fighter whooooooooooosh!

that came off track when i was down by the pit lane... had a weird sound to it.

Reaction score
I was sneaking around the paddock area pretending to be press again to get a closer look and when it zoomed along the striaght it made an interesting sound!!

The guy had a boost gauge fitted on top of the dash!! Hardcore.