1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiet Saturday nights in! What to do?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dazzler32, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Dazzler32

Dazzler32

Another Saturday night in sitting on the sofa reading threads on here. Sad or what?!

To be fair I am up at 5.30am for work tomorrow but my girlfriend has also ditched me for a Burn's Supper so I'm left at home with the 5 dogs and the 3 cats. Anyone feeling sorry for me yet? :weary:

Normally I would have went a drive in the T but the weather is crap plus one tailpipe is sitting against the bumper and getting sorted on Wednesday and I can get it out on my 7 days off. :grimacing:

Anyway just thought I start a random thread to see what everyone else is up to?

2. BenG

BenG ClioTrophy Moderator

Trophy No.:
    266/500
    I've not long been back from my nieces 3rd birthday and my girlfriend is talking about having babies. I've mentioned the cat thing, just got that 'you better be joking' look.

Dazzler32 likes this.
  3. hoolio

hoolio

Trophy No.:
    307/500
    Sitting at home with a nice bottle of wine watching a missed episode of Endeavour and trying to make a decision on a last minute trip to New Zealand

Dazzler32 likes this.
  4. Mikeyjp

Mikeyjp

I am going to watch the next EP of Emerald City, and then think about going to bed lol, as i have got to up at 5am for work too :worried:

Dazzler32 likes this.
  5. Dazzler32

Dazzler32

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that discussion but I know the feeling when mine talks about getting married. :unamused:

Ah nice, we just had 4 nights in Lanzarote earlier in the week which it had been 7-10days instead. :pensive:

I've ended up watching Money Monster as I've heard it's good. Not looking forward to this early start :worried:

6. BenG

Trophy No.:
    266/500
    I'm at work tomorrow also, starting at 6am. Heading out to sea to fix wind turbines. Only another 35 years until retirement.

7. Dazzler32

Dazzler32

Snap another 35 years and a rubbish pension.

Any jobs for guys with no engineering qualifications? My gf keeps asking what would I do next if something happened to the printers I work for. My response is feck knows.

8. marrow

marrow

Do it Jules, NZ is amazing (been twice)

9. Retro74

Retro74

Trophy No.:
    259/500
    I've played golf today then went to Southport with the wife and child

Tired now, watching The Voice (not my choice) and having a cold beer

Some Mormons knocked on the door at about 9 o'clock and I couldn't get rid of them - far too polite. Wife had to come and tell them to go away

Dazzler32 likes this.
  10. hoolio

hoolio

Trophy No.:
    307/500
    It will be my second time as well, I had been planning to go on and off since last summer but when the brexit vote stiffed the pound had put the idea on the back burner but the boss says I really need to take some time off so here we are. Been doing some number crunching and going on my own for a month will make it a £5-6k and will need to go in about a week so its a tough one.

11. BenG

Trophy No.:
    266/500
    I'm afraid not, electrical or mechanical NVQ3 is the minimum criteria. Although, they do apprenticeships in wind turbine maintenance these days.

12. Dazzler32

Dazzler32

Yeah, kind of thought that might be the case. Would they take on a 31 year old apprentice who's only used to working 3 days a week? :grin:

13. SharkyUK

SharkyUK

Trophy No.:
    165/500
    Well... who am I (are we) to judge? Saddo... :tonguewink:

I've been saying to myself for years now that I'm going to start playing again, but it never happens. One day!

So - what do I do? Well, my better half usually goes to bed early-ish and I'm an insomniac so I tend to have several hours 'alone' most nights. Like tonight for example. What am I doing? Writing software. It helps me to relax. In between coding I'll catch up with a bit of web browsing, play some games, something arty (Photoshop / video editing). Living the dream.

14. Dazzler32

Dazzler32

What software do you use for video editing Andy? Where do you upload the videos to? With my super slow broadband it too me ages to upload a 90second video to photobucket. :triumph:

15. SharkyUK

SharkyUK

Trophy No.:
    165/500
    I've no excuse either really... I, too, have a golf course within a short walking distance away! And several to choose from within 15-20mins drive. I used to practice almost daily when I was young (and at Uni) and played maybe 2/3 rounds every week.

I use Adobe Creative Suite for all my artistic / creative needs and pursuits (or Adobe Creative Cloud as it's now called, I think). Consequently the two main applications are Adobe Premiere Pro (for the bulk of the editing and composition) and Adobe After Effects (for the special effects, titles, etc.)

I have a YouTube account that I upload my videos to. I would recommend avoiding Photobucket if you can because the amount they compress the images / videos you upload is ridiculous (hence the resulting quality once uploaded is often terrible).

16. Rik Perry

Rik Perry

Trophy No.:
    082/500
    I feel bad now as you guys are all doing something and I just went to the pub...

SharkyUK and Dazzler32 like this.
  17. SharkyUK

SharkyUK

Trophy No.:
    165/500
    Don't feel bad - it's good to know that someone here has a social life... :tongueclosed:

Rik Perry likes this.
  18. Rik Perry

Rik Perry

Trophy No.:
    082/500
    Cassie's 18th so needs must....

SharkyUK likes this.
  19. SharkyUK

SharkyUK

Trophy No.:
    165/500
    Ah - I see, absolutely needs must! It's not everyday your daughter turns 18 :smile: Please pass on my very best wishes to her :smile:

20. Kingpin

Kingpin

I went to a 30th birthday party - they all left the birthday cake - which I put into the taxi before it got binned - now I'm the bad guy. lol.
    Hungry now, do I eat the cake?