Puncture repaired tyre on a trackday - is it safe?

Reaction score
Got a puncture repair in one of my tyres, and I am not sure whether or not to trust the repair on track? The tyre place that fitted said that they are rated to 220mph and it should therefore be fine on track, but I'm worried that the increased heat and pressure and the increased movement in the tyre may cause the repair to fail.

Anyone had experience of tyres with puncture repairs on track? Anyone got any opinions?

Reaction score
Your tyres are your only connection to the road, if I was gonna run on track I know I'd want my tyres to be in perfect condition. If not - make sure that you're insured! Look at your avatar and wonder what would happen if the loaded front tyre failed...

Reaction score
As the tyre place stated they *should* be fine - the repair will have to be capable of standing up to anything that would be thrown at an undamaged tyre.

However I wouldn't run a repaired tyre on any kind of performance car as in my opinion it's not worth the risk of failure.

Reaction score
I ran mine with *two* repaired tyres at Bedford... and still have them on the rear of the car. They now have 18,000 miles with 50% left on them (including the track day)!!

O.

Reaction score
Pretty much what I was thinking, thanks for the replies.

I was going to put the puncture repaired tyre onto the off side rear as at Brands it would not take too much of a pasting, but then there is the worry of a blow out or rapid deflation at the rear which is very scary! Will keep on searching for a used replacement...

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think you'd be absolutely fine running it, but if its something that will play on your mind all day as you turn in to Paddock Hill then i'd get it changed. Probably not something you want to have playing on your mind all day.

amm

Reaction score
Nik said:
I think you'd be absolutely fine running it, but if its something that will play on your mind all day as you turn in to Paddock Hill then i'd get it changed. Probably not something you want to have playing on your mind all day.

i agree with nick it would probably be OK but if you have that little doubt in the back of your head it's worth getting it changed :idea:

Reaction score
Think I would probably forget about it by the end of the first session...if it gets that far! :shock:

The search for a replacement continues...

amm

Reaction score
there is a used exalto on eBay item number 220008299182 it is also under Clio 182 .

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, it's being advertised by big peaches off this forum, have contacted him about it already.