Reaction score
Trophy No.
.First i'll do a spot; if anyone saw a broken trophy being dragged along the A34 by a AA van this morning, That was me. I know it was me because i was the grumpy one sitting in the passenger seat of the van.
I don't think anybody has mentioned this problem on the forum, basically not long after starting it this morning the engine cut out at a junction, would not restart immediatley and the orange twirly warning light was liteup, eventually restarted only to maroon me in the middle of the road. AA man could not really offer a great deal of help, the only problem he found was that both the inducers (might have got that wrong) were live.Now i haven't a clue what do they do, anybody else? Anyway will keep everyone up to date with what happens now.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your poorly Trophy, hope it gets better soon. Can't be any worse than driving a 1.2 for three days! God, I miss my car, even if it drops 80bhp it's going to feel like a top fuel dragster when i get it back.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers guys.
Just a quick P.S. The AA guy was really good and after reconnecting the battery the car did restart i just was wary of driving it off and it then happening again, i like a laugh and losing almost all steering and brakes at 50 doesn't sound like a laugh. anyway AA guy arranged a hire car for me and it was my understanding that this would be for an initial 48 hours and then reviewed day by day. Got to avis24 hours only paid, which was worse than useless as it meant i would have to take another morning off to return etc etc Also £600 excess so left with no transport. Turns out i was correct so if it happens to you take the car and argue the toss later.

To add insult to injury recieved all my new bulbs in the post today :(

Reaction score
Hoolio,

interestingly enough a few weeks ago exactly the same thing happened to me, I was going around a corner and the whole thing cut out (power steering loss was the scariest thing)... it took a few mins to start again and ever since has been fine... Got it booked in to Renault on the 4th of Sep (SOONEST DATE FOR WARRANTY WORK :shock: ) but has certainly made me less confident in the car since.

As it hasn't done it since I started to think that it was possibly driver error, but this thread has got me thinking.

Reaction score
milfordkong said:
4th of Sep (SOONEST DATE FOR WARRANTY WORK

That's disgusting! A coupl of months wait to get a fault fixed that could have cost you your life and even effect a recall. I can bet the wait wouldn't be that long if the three years was up!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Milfordkong, Steve is right, i hate to say it but this is potentially a lethal fault. After telling me on the phone that it would take a week to get it looked at i am picking it ip later today with full re-map. they could not find anything specific, apparently there were a whole bunch of small problems which might or might not have been caused by AA disconnecting battery :shock: BUt get it looked at A.S.A.P.
Also if this happens to anyone else, if you cannot start it quickly try to get it recovered to a dealer in it's "dead" state. i.e. do not let AA fiddle! It'll be easier to diagnose.

Reaction score
It is ridiculous, but no amount of arguing with them over the phone about what a serious issue it could be would make them book me in earlier :evil: , they offered a date a few days sooner but without a courtesy car, which unfortunately is essential in my situation. Like you say though, if they were about to make a few hundred quid off me i'm sure it would have been in there far faster.

It was very worrying when it happened, but since it hasn't occured again since I was seriously beginning to think it may have been my fault (Mistakedly putting it into too high a gear perhaps before entering the corner and it stalling) The fault you describe though is identical so i'll be glad when Renault have had a look.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
milfordkong said:
It is ridiculous, but no amount of arguing with them over the phone about what a serious issue it could be would make them book me in earlier :evil: , they offered a date a few days sooner but without a courtesy car, which unfortunately is essential in my situation. Like you say though, if they were about to make a few hundred quid off me i'm sure it would have been in there far faster.

It was very worrying when it happened, but since it hasn't occured again since I was seriously beginning to think it may have been my fault (Mistakedly putting it into too high a gear perhaps before entering the corner and it stalling) The fault you describe though is identical so i'll be glad when Renault have had a look.

is it the courtesy car that's slowing them down? if not and its just the earliest date free, speak to the General Manager and say I'llcarry on driving it and if i have an accident you'll be responsible - I will inform my insurance company of the situation and Renault France. See if that speeds the Steelers up a bit.

Reaction score
Speak to Renault UK and tell them to get you a loan car . They have for me in the past .