Reaction score
Hi
sorry I have some problems understanding English,
about the removal of the pin, in the posts I have found some pics and many info, it is not clear what must be removed, also some questions:

- must be removed only the pin visible on the top sid of the red piece (named dial?)?
- to remove the pin I have to remove the 'grub screw' and after re-fit it horizontally into the dial?
- it is raccomanded to remove the dial to best remove the pin and fit again after?
- what is important to do to avoid any damage to the dampers?

Sorry but with a not complete knowledge of English, I was not able to find and understand a real guide about HOW TO REMOVE THE PIN, sorry
I have read a lot of posts but too complicated for me.

thanks guys
Luca

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Luca, no problem, i'll try and help.

- must be removed only the pin visible on the top sid of the red piece (named dial?)?
- to remove the pin I have to remove the 'grub screw' and after re-fit it horizontally into the dial?
- it is raccomanded to remove the dial to best remove the pin and fit again after?
- what is important to do to avoid any damage to the dampers?

well, it's simple

1. to remove the pin you need to first remove the dial
2. to do this you need to remove the grub screw - be wary if it doesn't easily unscrew as some were glued.
3. remove grub screw - dial then just pops off, but again be wary as there are two small ball bearings under the dial that can easily be lost.
4. remove pin so that it no longer stops the dial from turning (some remove the pin all together but then you will need to seal the dial top to stop dirt from getting into the mechanism)
5. refit the bearings and dial top, tighten up the grub screw and bobs your uncle - unpinned.

Another word of caution, sometimes the dial has been glued as well as the pin and grub screw so if you come across any major resistance leave it, it's likely that reno have been busy with the bostik.

Reaction score
Cue

I think you may confuse Luca with the "bobs your uncle" :lol:

Luca

When you get the dial off, knock the pin upwards until its flush (level) with the face of the dial where the 8 dimples are. These dimples act as the calibration of the damper by clicking as the balls move in and out of them.
I would leave it in as the pin maybe on the same radius as the dimples. Luca see here for pic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6997&start=15

Take your time.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Luca for some reason my internet access via my phone is shockingly bad so cannot send photos as promised but the two in the link above would be the main ones.

Reaction score
Hi people
thankyou very much for your effort!

so, yesterday, very motivated and with all the knowledge about how to proceed, trying to remove the grub screw (driver's side - LHD) that was in the best front position to be removed, I was already stopped :( no way.
Impossibile to undo the grub screw, wd40 and another product didn't any difference, 2mm key impossible to turn, tested with some different quality, all best quality key, but nothing changed :oops:

Also, If I want to remove the pin, must be removed the damper and the pin will be erased, not removed, after, to cover the hole, will not be a problem, but we will see, I lost my motivation :) :(

I will to thanks all user helps me in understanding the procedure, with a small help by my syster and online translations I was ready to attak the pin :) thanks again :wink:

Luca

Reaction score
Hi Luca

I had to drill my grub screws out so unless you feel confident about doing this I would leave them alone as if you drill too deep you may damage the adjuster which means sending them to be repaired.

See you later :)

Reaction score
thanks for your suggestion
my idea is to drill directly the pin from the top of the dial, carefully obviusly :)

but I don't know when and if I will do it.

Next 'mod' now is the change of front disc (Brembo HC normal) and pads (keep the originale ones, new) and rear discs and pads with this renault sport kit

thanks again!
Luca

Attachments

• kitfreni-7701204901.jpg
    kitfreni-7701204901.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 302