Reaction score
i've just got off the phone to Andrew at yozzasport, he was very helpful. I've decided to get new lines, fluid and pads, the only problem being whether to go for the PF97s or the DS2500s. Bascially, as those of you who were at bedford will have seen, i'm not very good at keeping my car clean, so i'm worried about what the dust will do to my wheels. Nik - how often do you clean yours, and is it hard work when you do it. Can people also recommend a decent brake dust cleaner for me?

Reaction score
DCW - I also want to go down this route (lines, fluid et al.). When you speak to Yozza can you see if he is willing to do a good price if we buy a couple of sets?

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
I've also been in touch about this, was thinking of the Pagid blue pads, are these too extreme ?, and the cooling ducts...

Reaction score
ChrisB said:
I've also been in touch about this, was thinking of the Pagid blue pads, are these too extreme ?, and the cooling ducts...

apparently the PF97s are more agressive than the Pagids

I will ask about group buys now

Reaction score
ClioTrophy.co.uk Deal

Evening All,

PF 97 + Goodridge Full Stainless Brakelines should be: £177.50 will do until the end of February at £165 inc delivery

PAGID Blue + Goodridge Full Stainless Brakelines should be: £195 will do until the end of February at £185 inc delivery

Brake Duct Kit - NB. you have to modify the bumper fog light holes to fit these. We can do these at £190 including delivery. This is the deflectors, the lamp intakes and the ducting.

http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/prodd ... e_duct_kit

You will have to get in touch wil us to sort out if you want to order. We have all of the parts in stock at the moment.

Ref - Dust - Fred swears by fairy power spray to clean them. The dust is quite potent, but they are trackpads at the end of the day - they are abrasive, they stop you better, they produce dust.

:D

/y0z

Reaction score
y0z said:
As per conversation, and spotted post on cliotrophy, The price that
they should be: £177.50

I could do the Goodridge & PF's for £165 including the postage. We
will Do It until the end of this month

so basically postage for free. sounds good to me, i think i will go for it. still a bit worried about the dust though

Reaction score
please dont buy the PF's :? ....get the ferodo's instead!

Reaction score
Dcw .... yours wheels are dark...Try cleaning the silver feckers!
Get your self a jet wash compressor. Kersher (sp??) or homebase do cheepies.
Try not to use and wheel cleaners as they are 2 harsh and will eat into the alloy.
I take mine off a few times a year to clean em, then wax inside to stop the dust sticking.
They really are the worst rims to clean tho.
hope this helps iain

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Keeping the wheels waxed will help a bit, but some of the dust just wont jetwash off.

It's not like the dust from any normal brake pads, you dont stand a chance of getting it off without using chemicals of some sort (fairy powerspray really does work!).

Reaction score
Nik, have you found any of the dust stuck to your door's? When i ran the PF's with OE 182 rims i noticed it on the wheels but not the bodywork, then i changed to rota slipstreams (very open wheel) and discovered that the dust found its way to my paintwork!! Was not impressed lol

Reaction score
The dust issue is worrying me to much! Think I will opt for the Ferodo's instead, they are quite a bit cheaper than the PF's as well.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gary G said:
Nik, have you found any of the dust stuck to your door's? When i ran the PF's with OE 182 rims i noticed it on the wheels but not the bodywork, then i changed to rota slipstreams (very open wheel) and discovered that the dust found its way to my paintwork!! Was not impressed lol

The side of my car is now quite dirty from brake dust and tiny bits of rubber, but i've found it washes off the paint ok. I've not really noticed it sticking to the painwork.

The bedford track could benefit with a sweeper doing a few laps, it was very dirty this weekend. The front of my car has a dust / rubber / lotus oil mix all over it.

Reaction score
gary, i've figured out why your car is the only one that had the dust touch the paint!!! Polishing your car SO MUCH causes static electricity!

Reaction score
hahaha....you should see it now dude, gave it a wash and wax after the abuse at bedford. PS. my cars too low!!! :shock: :p

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm sure it's nothing Fred cant sort out with the angle grinder :p

Day

Reaction score
Just a little rubbin Gary...

Bedford182.jpg

Daytona gag btw