Reaction score
Has anybody been infected with the petrol problem? Just been listhening to the news, said i no. :lol:

Should think most people will be using V-Power from shell and wont have been affected. Thousands of people have had problems mainly using Morrisons and Tescos petrol. Now we all know why it so much cheaper. (because it dont work!!!!!!!)

Thankfully i always try to use the good stuff from Shell even it does cost that litle bit more.

Hope Knowbody has been caught out??

Marc

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
in the sun there was a pic of a Bentley...... Putting cheap petrol into a Bentley!!!! They shouldn't let him own the car... take it off him!

Reaction score
Cue said:
the first repors were that it was v-power that caused it, but now it/s just supermkt crap....

Interesting that you say this. Don't know if any of you guys recall my posts about my sudden loss of power and lumpy idle etc. Well renault replaced the air inlet solenoid and i had to go back again and get my oxygen sensor replaced.
Apparently every car that this is happening to is having to have their oxygen sensors replaced to.
My trophy has NEVER had anything but high ron fuels in it. 99% of the time it's v power to. So very interesting.....

Reaction score
By lumpy idle, exactly how lumpy are you talking? Mine will sit at traffic lights with a slight judder (I suppose that's the best way to describe it..) it's not a constant judder, perhaps once every second.. Probably need to sit in the car and feel it again before describing. I ignore it as I thought that it was quite normal, following some other posts that I read..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
By lumpy idle, exactly how lumpy are you talking? Mine will sit at traffic lights with a slight judder (I suppose that's the best way to describe it..) it's not a constant judder, perhaps once every second.. Probably need to sit in the car and feel it again before describing. I ignore it as I thought that it was quite normal, following some other posts that I read..

Always panics me a little but yeah this is "normal" :) .

Reaction score
hoolio said:
quik5i1ver said:

Always panics me a little but yeah this is "normal" :) .

Ah cool, cheers buddy! :D

I figured that with many tuned engines (correct me if i'm wrong here), it's somewhat expected.. Is it valve overlap that causes it? Apologies for the movement off topic a little here.. (offtopic)

Reaction score
yes as said it's normally lumpy anyway. Mine was idling at 900rpm on startup rather than 1100-1200. Then it would dip lower and almost stall then back up etc etc. Even once the engine was warm if you stopped at traffic lights it would do the same.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
I figured that with many tuned engines (correct me if I'm wrong here), it's somewhat expected.. Is it valve overlap that causes it?

I always thought Griff was just a little impatient :)

Reaction score
Mine isn't lumpy at all since the re-map, smooth as a baby's bum, IMO the standard ECU map is pants, only good for emmissions and robbing you of mid-range torque and throttle response.