Reaction score
With the start of the summer weather appearing it was time to get the Trophy looking good again. The previous owner obviously had some kind of fascination with car washes judging by the swirlmarks in the paintwork :roll:

Having never PC'd a car myself I opted for the slightly lazyboy option and gave it to someone who knew what they were doing - Shine Detailing - www.shine-detailing.co.uk (aka Ady225 on here)

Some before pictures :

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007008.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007011.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007006.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007004.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007013.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007043.jpg

And some after :

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007084.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007072.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007077.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007073.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007070.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007069.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007065.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007066.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007080.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007060-1.jpg
ShineDetailing31stMarch2007078.jpg

The end result is amazing.... if the sun is shining i'll get some scenic pictures done at the weekend to fully demonstrate just how good the paintwork has come up. The feel of the paintwork is much better than the finish after my last Trophy was permaguarded and Ady even managed to get the tar removed that had been supaguarded in!

Top notch stuff and a big thanks to Ady and Day for their hardwork in bringing this Trophy up to top notch levels of shinyness :D :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
Cue said:
do you know what he used?

Exterior
- Car Washed using the 2 bucket method.
- Car then clayed to remove any road grime, tar, bugs and ensure a smooth, glassy finish.
- Car is then re-washed again using the 2 bucket method
- Car is dried using high quality drying towels to leave a streak free finish
- All rubber trim and exterior vinyl is then masked up using 3m tape to ensure no white marks on trim
- Car is then polished usings a porter cable 7424 dual action polisher and 3 different compounds of product.
- The first coat is applied using a Sonus DAS orange pad, the product is called Meguiars Dual Action Cutting Polish (#83),
this is to remove swirl marks and light scratches in the paint, polish is then removed with high quality microfiber cloths.
- The second coat is then applied using a green Sonus DAS pad. The product in use for this procedure is Meguiars Speed Glaze (#80). This removes any final swirls for an excellent finish.
- The third coat is applied using a blue Sonus DAS pad. Meguiars Tech Wax is then applied and left to cure for a length of time. This seals the paint and protects it.
- After the three coats have been applied a final top coat of carnauba wax is applied to leave a glossy wet look finish. This is selected from a range of products such as Pinnacle Souveran Wax or Poorboys P21s. Both excellent products.
- After this all the vinyl and rubber is unmasked and dressed using either Poorboys Trim Restorer or Autoglyms Vinyl and Rubber Care, and chrome or metal is polished using Autoglyms metal polish.
- The wheels are cleaned by hand and then polished, the tyres are then dressed with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gloss.

Interior
- All personal possessions are bagged and placed in the luggage compartment
- All rubbish is removed from car
- Car is then fully vacuumed.
- Interior is shampooed using Autoglyms Interior Shampoo & Autofresh to remove any odours
- All interior trim and rubber seals are then cleaned and treated
- Boot is tidied, vacuumed and shampooed

^^ that's the process he followed

Reaction score
Looks Good

Looks good mate,

Looking forward to seing your motor on the northampton meet. How do you have to clean the car car now? As normal? Or is like permaguard?

Mine has been permaguarded but still has quite a lot of swirl marks? :( (it is loads easier to clean tho.)

How much does he charge and where is he based?

Cheers

Marc

Reaction score
Great result! A friend of mine runs a detailing company and does my car.

I watch him at work and he is a genius, there is definitely an art to it :!:

he spent a day on my car a couple of weeks ago and took out all the swirls and marks!

I wouldnt know try for fear I would make it worse :oops:

Lee

Day

Reaction score
Glad your pleased with it :D
Is the first non-metallic car I've worked on
The difference really does show in the pics!

MCoupe said:
I wouldnt know try for fear I would make it worse :oops:

I spent a while watching Adrian do various cars and really only started playing myself when we were working on mine for the website.
You soon get the confidence when you realise that you can't do much damage when using the right tools/compounds etc.

Reaction score
Marcholloway we are based in Portsmouth, if you check out www.shine-detailing.co.uk the prices are all listed on there, the car above was on a gold service, we are offering introductory discounts for peeps on this forum, pm me for details if you are interested. Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Reaction score
I really want to give 308 this treatment but cant seem to find anywhere in lancashire that looks like they would do as good a job as this! Can anyone help? Anyone know of any detailing companies in Lancashire? Any feedback would be greatly appretiated! cheers

Reaction score
Basically it will remove any treatment already in place, the paint will still be protected as we use a sealant to maintain the finish. Hope this helps :) Will need topping up every 6 months or if looked after properly a year

Day

Reaction score
Will soon be covered in German flies Mat :)

IMG_1983.JPG

;)