Passenger Seat rattle

Reaction score
A couple of people mentioned this a while back.

I had the same problem (ie rattle worst when seat right back on rails), tried padding seat release mechanism which seemed to be the problem, it was better but still not right. Off to Renault... after first being told there was nothing wrong (I do love it when they try to tell there isn't a problem when blatently there is! A good exercise in the virtue of patience) I then pushed slightly (very politely of course) harder asking that one of their technicians come out with me on a test drive.

Five minutes later the technician agreed with me.. Suggested changing the right hand seat rail. I wasn't sure it would work (wonder to myself will this make it worse!).

Anyway in it went again for the work, hey presto rattle completely gone :) really great news as has been the only issue I have had with the car. All under warranty of course.

So if you have the same problem this may be the way forward...

Happy Christmas by the way :D

Reaction score
Neophyte said:
A couple of people mentioned this a while back.

I had the same problem (ie rattle worst when seat right back on rails), tried padding seat release mechanism which seemed to be the problem, it was better but still not right. Off to Renault... after first being told there was nothing wrong (I do love it when they try to tell there isn't a problem when blatently there is! A good exercise in the virtue of patience) I then pushed slightly (very politely of course) harder asking that one of their technicians come out with me on a test drive.

Five minutes later the technician agreed with me.. Suggested changing the right hand seat rail. I wasn't sure it would work (wonder to myself will this make it worse!).

Anyway in it went again for the work, hey presto rattle completely gone :) really great news as has been the only issue I have had with the car. All under warranty of course.

So if you have the same problem this may be the way forward...

Happy Christmas by the way :D

my passenger seat has just started doing this over the last couple of days. has anyone else had a similar problem / got any other resolutions to suggest before i take it into the garage?

Neophyte - who did you take yours back to, was it Renault Watford?

Reaction score
mine is doing the same - garage told me that there is no sign of a manufacturer defect, so I said, what else can it be? they said, "past use", I said, What?.. like somebody sitting on it!!?

Goons!

I am waiting to argue with the warranty man (so in a way I'm glad to hear it is happening to others.)