Passenger Door - Remote Central Locking Issue

Reaction score
I've just collected my car from having the wheels refurbed and the passenger door has stopped working from the remote central locking, any one have any ideas?

I'm assuming something has maybe fell off from inside the car door?

Dean

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have you tried manually locking and unlocking the door using the key. It may coax it back into action if it has seized or somehow got out of sync.

Reaction score
I tried that mate. Just appears the actuator has packed in maybe. I'm sure its going to be a common issue.

Will add it to the list of jobs haha

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No problem, just happened that mine misbehaved when I opened the passenger door using the key when the battery went flat recently.

Reaction score
Had another look tonight, definitely can't hear the actuator inside the door so think its possibly seized.

I've not looked inside the door yet, has anyone else had this?

Dean

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I did a little search and yes it is fairly common, pretty cheap on eBay.

Reaction score
I had a look myself, one thread said disconnecting the battery reset the issue and it started working again, obviously if the actuator has failed this won't work although worth a try!

Reaction score
Another was to remove the bolts holding the lock in and spray WD40 in on to the solenoid actuator!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not exactly the same but just replaced the boot central locking motor/solonoid tonight on #338. Seems central locking solonoids are a common problem on Reno's. The boot lock was little bit easier to get to than the door one will be. Plenty of options for both items on ebay.

Reaction score
I did get this working again for about 2 days using WD40 sprayed through the bolts, certainly appears to be sticking! Will replace when I have time. Will look on ebay for the parts!