Reaction score
hi hoolio, so basically you wash the car as normal with car shampoo for example, then claybar it which is really just another wash but removes alot of contaminents, then polish the car after that..
Can i ask what you use for sealant?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, wash the car then wash it again paying attention to all the nooks and crannies that grit hides in. The claybar is like a slab of bluetack that you use in conjunction with lots of lubricant that you glide over the paintwork, the only pressure i use is to keep it in contact with the paint. Then wash the car again :)
I don't use a sealant anymore just lots of wax, the swissvax i use bonds better to the paintwork with their cleaner fluid.
Basically the sealant you use will depend on what other products you use.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Snow foam works a treat as a pre wash but the foam lance is quite dear, £50ish. Its worth it though as it gets everywhere and breaks down the dirt and most of it just rinses off. Less chance of swirl marks during washing.

Reaction score
I use the snowfoam but might stop now as a valeter was telling me it can be bad for the paint because it contains some kind of chemical that eats into the paint and dulls it and also discolours the black rubber rond windows, etc, not sure if hes right but thats what he said soo am abit wary!! anyone else heard of this?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This could be true ? The thing is, On the tub it says 'Completely safe on all paint types, will not strip wax.' so if it doesnt strip the layer of protection off the car the paint is not going to be affected. Maybe if it was used on unprotected paint it could halm it ?

Ive been using it for a year at least every 2 weeks and the black rubber around the windows is still black, although I use AG Bumper care on them.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I use Autoglym High Definition Wax. I choose this one because I also use Autoglym Super Resin polish and Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection sealant. Im really pleased with it. :)