al

Reaction score
Heres some pics of Rou our wicked red vts. Rou short for rouge (red in french)
Had her a week now, shes had a new battery, new wipers, 4 new tyres, new bulbs, new number plates and had a good clean

mini-DSC_0131.jpg

mini-DSC_0127.jpg

mini-DSC_0086.jpg

mini-DSC_0121.jpg

mini-DSC_0096.jpg

mini-DSC_0093.jpg

mini-DSC_0082.jpg

mini-DSC_0076.jpg

mini-DSC_0072.jpg

mini-DSC_0018.jpg

mini-DSC_0013.jpg

G

Cool! Seeing as it's a W-reg, is it one of the ones that has 130bhp opposed to the normal 120bhp, or is that just a rumour? Love it either way. :)

G

Oh. In that case, I've definitely heard something about W-reg ones being faster than the others. I'm sure they were referred to as either 'redtops' or 'silvertops', but I don't think it had anything to do milk.

Reaction score
Oh. In that case, I've definitely heard something about W-reg ones being faster than the others. I'm sure they were referred to as either 'redtops' or 'silvertops', but I don't think it had anything to do milk.

Thats VTR's your refering to

I also had a 2000 model, best ones to get, single plug ecu and 1 lamba sensort

With breathing mods these babies really do shift

Reaction score
now i've finally been in a vts, i actually quite like them.one of my mates bought one a few weeks backs as his daily driver. considering his had done over a 100,000 it still wraps well to 7000. Yours looks like a very tidy example, just don't go putting any lexus lights on it :wink: :lol:

Reaction score
nice example! I've driven my mates old R-reg VTS - nowher near the standard of yours but it shifted and was good fun to drive. Could'nt get used to the pedal postions though.

Reaction score
cool, sat in one of these and yeh the pedals are very awkward.

Reaction score
how do you find the car? Im thinking of selling the trophy and buying a cheap daily driver....this being top of the potential list...being cheap but still a bit of fun!

with the megabusa nearly built and the weather/speeding restrictions going on these days I really am struggling to justify the trophy seeing as most of its driving is to and from work in traffic and it sits in a side road all day waiting t get donked or smashed....also the insurance on the car alone just seems a bit silly for the above!

whenever the chance arrives to go out for a decent blat on a nice day I can take the westfield from now on!!

saxo vts would be perfect for me....

but whenever i get in the trophy I always say to myself 'i cannot sell this!' It just seems so special, even in bad weather!

Reaction score
i had one of the W reg vts's and i heard that they upped the performance to 130bhp for the first batch of the new phase released. supposedly this was done so when journalists took them for a spin they were getting a better write up! it was a great car.

on the off chance you want to buy a gearknob for it, ive got a citroen sport one which i removed from the car before selling it, £55 from citroen and looks like this...

Alu%20gearknob.jpg

Reaction score
Nice, my VTS will making way for a RS Clio in the coming months, hopefully a trophy!

Oh and the "130bhp" version is nonsense, they are all 120bhp regardless of what anyone says about having the two pronged head found on V and W regs

Reaction score
About 10 years ago I bought a mint, 1 owner, 1.3 Rallye in Black with just 17k miles on it. I didnt know the 1.6 Rallye was available in Black. Thought it was just white and blue? Awesome little car though. The Trophy reminds me a lot of the Rallye.

Reaction score
This was one of only 3 LHD S2 imported into UK from Germany. Only one remains (with the std 8v engine at least) this car was in lovely condition and I think the young guy who bought it off me still has it and continues to look after it. It has Bilstein suspension and various other bits incl new Michelin wheels and Yokohamas on at the time.

This the ad from when I sold it.

http://www.allvehicles.co.uk/r489ack_us ... r_sale.htm

Reaction score
artdealer said:
This was one of only 3 LHD S2 imported into UK from Germany. Only one remains (with the std 8v engine at least) this car was in lovely condition and I think the young guy who bought it off me still has it and continues to look after it. It has Bilstein suspension and various other bits incl new Michelin wheels and Yokohamas on at the time.

This the ad from when I sold it.

http://www.allvehicles.co.uk/r489ack_us ... r_sale.htm

I now this is off-topic now but I would have been tempted to buy that S2 Rallye myself had I seen it a year back. There's talk on another thread about how well prices hold on cars - would be very suprised if the lad with the Rallye loses any money on it at all if its kept in good nick.