Reaction score
xlbutirm.gif

Can somebody help. Im sure I read here there is optimum gear change light. Because i'm running car in I obviously cant use revs to check it. I cannot find it in hand book. How does it work? Can it be turned on and off? Thanks :?:

Reaction score
I'm sure I've hit the rev limiter and not seen a light.......

Reaction score
It only briefly flashes. If you ask me you shouldn't be watching for it! Look out the windscreen!

I don't think either that its an optimum gear change light. I think its more of a, you'd better change gear NOW!

Reaction score
I've hit the limiter several times and never noticed a light. That's what is good about a forum - learning new stuff about your car !

Reaction score
I've seen it. Normally on my morning commute while going throught the gears to join the motorway.

I was told its peak power when the light is on hence why you should change!

Reaction score
What is funny is that it couldn't be further away from the rev counter if they tried! :lol:

Reaction score
It is definatly the optimum gear change indicator cause it comes up every time a 7250rpm at thats definatly the optimum time to change cause it keeps ya revs above 5000rpm so ya always in ya VVT section!

Reaction score
Definatly to far from the rev counter though. Should be a red light smack bam in the middle of the rev counter like in the RS Focus! Especially for people like me who have the steering column right up and cant even see the bloody thing!

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me that it is so far from the rev counter, just see a green flash in the corner of my eye, and I find the light is really useful as I don't have to stop looking at the road (except the check the speedo of course officer :wink: ). Over time guess I will use the sound of the engine to tell me what the revs are, but it is still early days so I am using the indicator light to tell me when to change. So far I have had it flash in all but 5th gear, but then I have not taken it all the way to big 140mph yet, has anyone topped out in 5th yet?

Reaction score
Its a change gear now light as strike has said. If your getting the light youve gone to far.
The vvt only works at very low revs if its like the 172 lump (and i guess it is). The clio doesnt have a vtec style vvt.
Try unplugging your vvt and see if you can tell the difference!