Optimax shortage in Cornwall.

Reaction score
All, it seems there is a distinct lack of Optimax down here. Hayle is dry and won't be refilled until the new year, Truro City centre is dry, am not sure about Playing place. The only other place is the Shell services off the A30 just before Truro. If you are coming in fill up here before proceeding.

Otherwise its BP Ultimate in that town I forget the name of on the A30 near St. Austell.

Reaction score
:shock:

It's not only in Cornwall mate, could not find any in Guildford or Woking for my journey down to Cornwall yesterday! Had to run on Shell 95, made me feel cheap and dirty :lol:

Will have to make do with BP Ultimate then...

Reaction score
Found some! :D

It's at the garage in Playing Place on the A39 between Truro and Falmouth.

Reaction score
Gutted mate. There was only one optimax pump working when I went there at about midday. I'll give you a shout if I find anymore

Day

Reaction score
People will be filling up as they assume the petrol stations wont be open over the next two days,

My local shell is open and in fact they are giving away free car washes tomorrow LOL

Reaction score
There hasn't been Optimax around here for weeks. I had to drive to London the other day to get some, and used a 1/4 tank on the way back. Ha not good.

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
There hasn't been Optimax around here for weeks. I had to drive to London the other day to get some, and used a 1/4 tank on the way back. Ha not good.

Now that's Optimax dedication :lol:

Can't find any at the moment, wonder if it has anything to do with the recent refinery blaze?

Reaction score
Well Hayle was restocked yesterday it seems so I am happy. :)

Reaction score
my 3 local shells had completely run out of fuel the tuesday after the fire.

queues were horrific to all the petrol stations around here (weybridge) the week after, and even now as supplies are slow, optimax went those first few days and hasn't been replaced since. the nice men at the petrol stations have said they can't say when they will get any more in either. :roll:

Reaction score
Yoz,

Not down there at the moment. Back in Swindon my good man. I will let you know when I am down next.

Also I'd stick to PMs for phone numbers dude, you never know who's reading...

Day

Reaction score
Yoz's number is widely available in most service station conveniences.

Posting it here won't bother him.

He might actually get more business as a result :lol: