Reaction score
Ok guys, thinking about getting a 205. (1.9 but going to be sneaky and put the 1.6 gearbox in it.....shorter ratios)

anybody had one?

What you think?

Ive been told its the hot hatch to own if only for a short time.

More reliable the the GT turbo.

Just as tunable

Same handling (if not better) and power??

wanted a white/ black or a blue 205 gti 1.9 un molested

Reaction score
i think they are ok and people always go on about em. But they are very old and prob past it now..It will be a mission to find 1 that isnt a wreck.
Id rather but a 200 sx that a 205

Reaction score
ditto what he said, althoguh i wouldnt have a 200sx (assuming we are talking about an S13 for the same money) as they seem to be one of the most failure prone cars i have come across....

A mate has gone through 3 in as many months....

Reaction score
Everyone should drive one in there lifetime.

Had always had Pugs until they lost the plot with the 206 GTi 180, so ended up with the 182.

The 205 is one of the most fantastic hatches ever built. Feels a under power in standard form against more recent cars, but the chassis, drive and raw feel more than make up for that. A very good point to point tool.

In modified form with an MI16 engine conversion they will hold there own against the modern breed.

Like all older hatches they need lots of TLC, and finding a good one is getting harder by the day.

Reaction score
The 205 is an awesome car - I have owned one for the past 4 years which has unfortunately expired due to head gasket failure... I'll get round to fixing it some day soon!

The 182 is the only car I have driven to match it for fun - both cars feel so alive. I was instantly at home in the 182, to me it is the natural car to follow my GTI as its a 205 for the 21st century.